14

They finish up the paper work as lunch approaches. "Would you like to join me for lunch?" Melissa's lawyer offers.

Melissa looks to Timothy that replies to her mentally. "It's up to you. We have the time. I would like to talk to you some more about the community center and your other charities for that area. We can talk it over on the way to your hometown."

Melissa accepts the lawyer's offer of lunch and as they are eating she's glad she did. "Your other lawyer, Mr. Lister, he called and warned me, your adopted mother and your siblings have been looking for you. He warned me, that she would likely try to challenge the will if you should die. He said to be careful if you come back, they will likely be waiting for you."

"She doesn't look the same and they won't expect me to be with Pimpernel. She should be safe enough from those vultures." Timothy says and then worries that he over stepped himself when Melissa looks at him startled.

Then she smiles. "Thank you, no one has ever stood up for me against them before. Yet, I don't understand why you and my lawyer say that I look different." She projects back to him.

Fortunately they were just finishing their lunch. "I will explain to you once we are in the jet." Timothy assures her.

Shortly they are boarding the jet. "Tell the pilot that he's to go as soon as he gets permission." Timothy tells the hostess.

"Yes, sir. If you and Miss Heath would choose a seat and buckle up, the pilot received permission in anticipation that you would be on time."

Timothy smiles at her and Melissa watches as the female is all but ready to drop her panties right there and then. She has no doubt that Timothy is a chartered member of the mile high club and that the hostess is a frequent member as well.

She ignores them both and chooses a seat. She feels irritation as Timothy comes to a stop in front of her. "That's normally where I sit."

Melissa shrugs, "Well, you were busy flirting with the hostess and I wanted to find a seat. There was no designation. I'm already buckled up. You should choose one I feel the plane starting to move." Melissa says with an innocent look and overly sweet tone.

Not wanting to make waves at this point Timothy sighs and takes the seat next to her. It doesn't take them long to reach cruising altitude and the seat belt restriction is taken off. When Timothy asks her to go with him to the rest room Melissa merely raises her eyebrow, "I'm not interested in being part of the mile high club, Timothy."

Timothy smirks, "I wasn't asking. If I had I would be taking you to the bedroom in the back, far more comfortable and satisfying than a very cramped restroom."

With his words Melissa hesitantly takes his offered hand and goes with him to the rest room. He doesn't even close the door behind them. "When was the last time you looked into a mirror?" Timothy asks her softly as he leans over her shoulder so that he can see her eyes at the same level as his own. As he suspected she wasn't looking in the mirror.

"I haven't looked at one in years. I've been blessed with hair that is the perfect blend of curly and straight and no makeup could hide the freaky looking birthmark. So I didn't wear any, since I didn't need to look in the mirror to do my hair or makeup," Melissa shrugs.

"You haven't looked at yourself since you've changed then. Do so now, Melissa, and let Pimpernel rest in peace." Timothy's soft words and gentle hands as he pulls her hair back from her face makes her look at herself for the first time in years.

Melissa gasps. "You were beautiful even with that freakish birthmark, as you call it. Now you are stunningly beautiful. Even among other vampires you will stand out with your beauty. You have no need to hide yourself any more. Pimpernel Lancaster is gone, you are Melissa Heath and you have nothing to be ashamed about."