Epilogue 57

Melissa and her eight children are crowded in the living room waiting restlessly for the news. "When is papa going to tell us about our new brother or sister?" Little Mickey asks Melissa.

"As soon as he knows he'll let us see the baby and tell us what it is." Melissa coos to her oldest son.

"Did you ever think that they would get that far?" Timothy asks from the doorway, a drink in his hand. The children run over to him and demand his attention. He bends down and picks up the baby before going to the sofa and sitting down. It doesn't take long for the children to climb up and drape themselves over him.

Melissa holds in her laughter as the scariest of the seethe leaders, even if he isn't the strongest of them, is covered under children and laughing as they do so.

"Careful, Timothy, should word get out what a softie you are, your enemies will be attacking."

"They can try, but they won't get any where with two full psychic vampires living here full time. Not to mention one of them is also a fully trained assassin."

"Who is unable to do that job at this time." Melissa inserts cutting Timothy off. He in turn manages to get his head up even with the three year old taking a seat on it, and glares at her. He doesn't like it when he's shown disrespect. After the last reminder about respecting him, there has been fewer problems with the seethe over all.

"If you are quite through speaking over me like that, I would like to continue."

"Go ahead, no one is stopping you," Melissa says innocently enough.

"They also know that Cliff is here. Currently we are the strongest seethe in the world and no one is about to mess with us unless they want  a whole lot of dead happening to them."

Melissa snorts her laughter  as she tries desperately to keep it inside. Timothy is unimpressed by her efforts.

"Melissa, Timothy, children, I would like to show you our newest seethe member, or rather I should say members," Travis says beaming as he holds the two babies in his arms. "Pimpernel Rose and Trevor Micheal." 

The children rush over to mob Travis now that he is there and they demand to see the babies. Melissa takes a moment to wipe the tears from her eyes before she goes up to see them as well. "Why in the hell would  you name any child that horrible name?" Melissa says harsh words, but the voice is soft and she's smiling while saying them.

"Karen wanted to name her after you, but I knew that you wouldn't want us to name her Melissa. She suggested Marissa, but I reminded her of your story. That's when she chose Pimpernel Rose."

Travis hands his daughter to Melissa and she takes her and breathes in the new baby scent. 

"They are beautiful, Travis. How is Karen doing?" Timothy asks as he takes in the child named after the elder.

"She's more tired than I've ever seen her, but she's happy and resting right now. I'm sure that she will wish to see you both later." Travis says before taking back his now restless daughter.

"Take them to get fed and stay with your wife. She needs you more than the rest of us do right now." Melissa tells him as she kisses him before sending him off to Karen's side once more.

Timothy slaps him on his back as he leaves. TJ and Tad also congratulate him as they come into the room. They take quick looks at both children. "They look like mini you and mini Karen." TJ says making faces at the infants. Both start to scream.

The adults start laughing and jeering TJ at the babies reaction to him. He takes it good naturedly.

The sound of the babies crying wakes Karen up. "You showed them off to Melissa and Timothy?"