18

Timothy sits back and closes his eyes. "The history of the vampire race is a violent and bloody one. Three times in history it has come to nearly be annihilated. Each time the eradication was linked back to one very pissed off vampire that was turned against his or her will. 

"That vampire became the best vampire hunter that could be made. They found and hunted down all vampires that weren't sympathetic to them. The last time happened during my lifetime. I was newly turned. 

"Because of what happened with me and my sister, we were allowed to live. We were fortunate. Not many vampires survived the purge.

"It was then that our current ruling body was brought into being. The council was comprised of the most intelligent, powerful and strong of those that survived. In time, others were brought in or some removed as the most ancient of our people chose.

"It was them that decided that it cannot happen again. All vampires must follow two laws: no vampire can tell a human about us unless they have some way to control the human to keep them from telling any one about us. The second law, you cannot turn a human to vampire with out the permission of the human. It is highly preferable for them to either be claimed or donors before hand."

Melissa is now confused, "So, how come you haven't been punished yet?"

Timothy gives her a rather wan smile, "I should have been. But Tavistock wanted to see if he could take you and control you. Because of your timely warning I was able to deal with Tavistock. The rest of the council will be after me soon if you don't bond yourself to me. Even should you accept a bond to another I will be punished. You will have your revenge."

"I'm not into revenge, Timothy." Melissa tells him absently.

"Really? Was not putting your brothers in foster care revenge? Was not putting your sister and adopted mother in jail revenge? Was not taking the money your mother had revenge?"

"Huh, I never thought of it like that. To answer your questions, my brothers went into foster care because I was leaving for college and couldn't take care of them. Not that they would have accepted me doing so. I wouldn't have put my sister and mother in jail had they not stolen my inheritance. Even though I had gone through eighteen years of hell at their hands. As for the money I took, at the time I took it, I didn't know it was mine or that I would be getting even more from my father. I would say that I could consider that revenge. Having my mother placed back in jail was because she went full on abusive in front of several witnesses of the police kind. That was her own stupidity."

Timothy can't help but smile at her explanations. "Very well, I will accept what you say. But now it is late, and I truly do need to hunt. Are you ready?"

Timothy had hoped that she would dress up a bit more for the hunt. "Sorry, Timothy, I don't have any slutty clothes like you were thinking about earlier. You get me in these jeans and top or I won't go and you'll have to go without me or go hungry."

Timothy sighs, going without her wasn't an option. But even in the jeans and top that she is wearing Melissa will draw plenty of attention. It goes without saying that he will as well. He wonders if Melissa has picked up any of the sensualist properties when she turned. It's obvious that she doesn't need sex or crave it in any way. That would have shown up immediately when she turned if she had.

"Very well, let's go. Where is the nearest club?" Timothy asks as they head out the door.

Melissa shrugs, "I haven't a clue. Not only have I not been here, but I couldn't go clubbing when I was younger. Not that I would. My siblings made sure that the other teenagers would bully me just as much as I was at home. There was no reason for me to put myself through the pain of a migraine when I didn't have any friends to impress."

Timothy bites his tongue. He hadn't realized that she didn't even have friends. Her life must have truly been lonely. He had had friends at least and then of course after he turned he never lacked companionship of either gender.

They were easily able to find victims. Although, no one noticed when Melissa fed from them and the female didn't complain at all when Timothy did.

"Leave," Melissa tells the female that she finds lounging in her living room the next morning.

"Listen, bitch, I don't have to leave. I was invited here by Timothy..."

"Timothy, tell your bitch to get the hell out of my house." Melissa tells the man that had come in behind her.

"Time to leave, Veronica." Timothy goes over to the female and she looks into his eyes. "You will remember how much you enjoyed this night, but nothing else. You will go home and sleep off the hangover  you have."

With those words Veronica gets up and collects her belongings and makes her way out of the penthouse.

Once the door is closed Melissa turns to Timothy, "Does she have a hang over? I didn't get any feelings of pain from her, just bitchiness."

Timothy just shrugs. "She does now. The hypnotic suggestion will ensure that she does and it will be a nasty one. It will take her until tomorrow to feel better."

Now Melissa is more than a little amused. "Why did you do that?"

Timothy waits for her to look at him before he replies, "She was rude to you. She had no reason to act like that. Especially when I had told her to leave before she came out of the bedroom. I told her that I would be leaving and she needed to go before my friend was ready. I think she thought my friend was a guy and she wanted to see if she could get him to sleep with her as well."

Melissa gives a small chuckle at that. "Too bad for her, then isn't it?"

"Yes," Timothy says as they leave the penthouse and head to the elevator. "So, what is the schedule for the day?"

"First to the cemetery, they will want to fill in the hole as soon as possible." Melissa tells Timothy. "Then to Mr. Lister, my lawyer here. I have to sign papers and go over things here just like I had to at home. After that," Melissa shrugs her shoulders. "I don't know. We'll have to see. Did you get enough or will you need to hunt again tonight?"

Timothy gives her a sultry smile, "I'm good, but I'm always up for a hunt. If you are willing I would like to go out again."

Melissa isn't too thrilled with the idea, but replies, "We'll see."

They catch a cab and tell the cabby to take them to the cemetery.