17

After showering and getting dressed they meet in the living room. Once they are comfortable Timothy looks for the words to begin his story.

"You don't need to tell me if you don't want to." Melissa finally tells him as she waited for several minutes for him to start.

"What? Oh, no, sorry, Melissa. My story starts long ago, before the renaissance actually. My family wasn't rich, just the opposite actually. My parents were poor and struggling to provide for our family. My mother was pregnant with me when my oldest sister, aged eleven, was spotted by a very rich woman.

"The woman approached my parents and offered to buy her. Even before my mother could say anything my father accepted. Not that it would have mattered, back then females were property of the fathers and wives more or less property of the husbands. Not right of course, but it was the way it was.

"My father didn't even bother using the money for food or clothing for his family. The bastard drank it all away.

"I was born and grew up.

"My sister had been bought by a sensualist vampire. She was taught at that age how to bring pleasure and what not, by her mistress. She soon helped bring clients or males wanting a mistress by the house. Soon she was a favorite of her mistress and was given as a reward to those that pleased her mistress. 

"She was less than pleased that her mistress treated her thus, but there was nothing she could do. Her mistress bought and paid for her, she was her property to do with as she saw fit. In time her mistress saw fit to turn her.

"A few years later she was able to return home. By then it had been more than two decades since she left. Our parents didn't even recognize her and I had had no idea that she had even been a part of the family. Once she was sold it wasn't permitted to talk about her. 

"My parents had sold two of my other sisters to brothels and a brother to a farmer. They had all continued to be talked about, but not the oldest.

"At that time my parents were advanced in age and I was the only one still home, working the fields to support them and myself.

"My sister seduced me, I think it was the shock of their long forgotten daughter coming back richer than they could imagine and seducing their youngest son in front of them was too much for them. They both had heart attacks, my sister kept me too busy to notice that they had entered let alone that they collapsed at the sight of us fucking in front of them.

"With my  parents gone, there was no reason for me to stay, so when Delilah asked me to be claimed by her, I was willing. She hadn't been the first girl I'd been with, but she sure as hell had been the best. She didn't look like any of my family so it wasn't a problem with her being my sister.

"When a vampire claims a human they bite them and a mark comes onto their skin. To humans it looks like a tattoo but to vampires it is a claim and tells the vampires to back the fuck off. Only the vampire that sets the claim can farm out the claimed human.

"My sister's maker had a girlfriend she was trying to impress and so when my sister was gone she gave the thieving girlfriend permission to not just have sex with me, but to drink from me. That is a very big no, no in the vampire world. The maker broke two big rules, you don't mess with another vampires blood family or any claimed human they might have. Since I was both to my sister she should never have given her girlfriend permission to touch me.

"The girlfriend not only drank from me, she damn near killed me. She was likely trying to turn me, but couldn't do it.  When my sister got home, she was furious. She finished turning me. When I finished turning my sister killed her maker's girlfriend and then with my help we killed her maker."

"Why with your help?" Melissa is enthralled with the story.

"Because most vampires are unable to kill their maker. You are an exception to that rule. Likely because you were turned without permission. Just like that bitch tried to turn me without my permission.

"Since I had been started turning without permission by a sucker and finished by a sensualist I was about equal parts of both. There was no bond with the thieving bitch though and since the maker gave her permission it broke whatever bond she would have had over me.

"I was more than happy to make the killing bite on that bitch. I made sure that she gained no pleasure as she slowly bled out.

"For years my sister and I would take new lovers. She would become some rich man's mistress and I would take his wife, girlfriend or best of all his daughter as a lover. Many of those supposed cloistered daughters would be very experienced by the time I got to them.

After a few decades that life got boring for me, so I decided to travel even more extensively than my sister wished. We parted ways around four hundred years or so ago. We'd meet up occasionally but for the most part I don't have much interaction with her.

"It became worse once I came over to this continent and started my own seethe. I haven't seen Delilah for several years now, or should I say decades. She's likely to show up again sooner or later. She might be too late this time, though." With those words Timothy just shrugs and waits for Melissa to say something.

"I'm a little confused on this claiming thing. What is that?"

"When a vampire claims a human and the human is willing to accept, the vampire bites the human and claims them. It is a claim of ownership, much like slaves owners would mark or brand their slaves. It would only take if the human was willing though. The slave would receive a tattoo like mark that is unique to the vampire that marks them.

"There is another mark that can be placed, but only after the human is turned. The claimed human can then be claimed as a vampire by the other vampire if they are both willing. This is one of equals and is much like mates, beloveds or what have you in the supernatural world. In the human world it would be considered husband/wife."

"So, do you still have a bond with your sister?"

"No, well, not a claiming. But when you are made you have one with your maker unless you weren't willing like you."

"Why is it such a terrible thing to turn without permission. I mean, I know from the point of view of the human, but why did the vampires make it a law?"