46

After that things became better among them once more. As the months passed Melissa became more and more uncomfortable. The three began to fight over space and let her know that they aren't happy about having to share such close quarters.

Melissa is more than ready to have the three fighters out of her and can't wait for them to be born. But first, there is Ovilla's birthday.

Since vampire babies are quick to mature she already knows what she would like for her birthday. She wants to go out to eat. With all her fathers there with her.

So on her birthday they go to the restaurant that Ovilla chose. Melissa smirks at how uncomfortable Timothy is in the restaurant geared for children. He's long been used to the high class black tie places that wouldn't dream of allowing children inside their hallowed doors. 

Melissa thinks that it's about time that he lived like the other ninety nine percent. She knows that he's been poor more than once in his life, but not for several centuries. He's grown used to the fancy cooking and looks rather ill at the food choices placed before him.

"Just get something and if you don't like it, no problem, you can go hunting later." Melissa tells him mentally as he looks at the menu selection.

Timothy nods and sets down the menu.

The night goes well, although Melissa's food tastes funny and later on she rushes to the restroom.

Shortly after that they return home and she collapses.

It's at this point that all memory goes to what she gleaned from the males.

"What do you mean you will have to take the children by c section?" Timothy demands of Cliff. "Will she even be able to survive the surgery?"

Cliff is tired and looks at Timothy exasperatedly, "It's the only chance you have of saving any of the children. One has already died. I think she is doing her best to keep the poison from killing the other children. If you don't take the children now it will kill them and might kill her trying to keep them from dying. The choice is yours, Timothy, she is your wife and marked one."

The other three males look at him, pleading with him to save the children and give Melissa a chance. They are all hurting with the announcement that she already lost one child.

"Very well, Cliff, go ahead." Timothy says discouragedly. He moves to leave, but the others hold him back.

"Where do you think you are going, Timothy?" Cliff demands without even looking up from his preparations. "She will need all of you here to help her make it through. I will need each father to take his child as he or she is handed to him. I am sorry in advance to whichever one of you lost your child. There was nothing I could do, it was already too late."

"We understand, Cliff. We know that if there was any way you could have saved the baby you would have. If only because the knowledge will hurt Melissa badly." Travis says heavily. He already knows in is heart that he is the one that will be crying over his dead baby.

"Thank you, Travis." Cliff says absently as he begins the surgery.

The first baby is handed to Travis, "I am sorry." Cliff says as the still baby is given to him. Travis just nods and moves out of the way so the others can be there to receive their babies as well.

"We will have a casket made for him and he'll be buried in the most beautiful spot I can find." Timothy tells the grieving man.

"Thank you, Timothy,"  Travis goes to the rocking chair by the window and just holds his son to him as he cries for his loss. For Melissa and her loss.