𝟎𝟏

𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓﹙ 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒐𝒏𝒆 ﹚࿐ ࿔ ✧˖*°▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓
﹙ 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒐𝒏𝒆 ﹚
࿐ ࿔ ✧˖*°
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

New Orleans was hugely different from the small town of Mystic Falls. Back in Virginia, everybody knew everybody. There wasn't a coffee shop, a clothing store or a bar that Rory could go to without recognising someone she knew, but in the Big Easy... everything was different. New people came in and went every day, tourists, locals; all of whom were never to be seen again after the first time she saw them. Rory liked that. She realised that she was never really a small-town girl, and it took her brother dying to make her realise that. She wondered how her friends were doing back in Mystic Falls, what type of nonsense they were probably getting into now that the Mikaelsons had supposedly fled and Silas was their biggest contender for peace.

Moving to Louisiana wasn't something Rory had planned, more so something that just happened. After two years of travelling with Sam and Dean, the two brothers had started talking about setting up roots. Well, mostly Sam, who was more family-oriented than Dean. Not wanting to argue with his brother, Dean had reluctantly agreed, and Rory was none the wiser. It wasn't long before Sam picked out New Orleans on the map, telling them he had heard great things about the Crescent City... mostly whispers about the vampire population that was up and running in the big city. Rory didn't know what to make about that, but she figured that she wasn't exactly handcuffed to Sam and Dean. If she wanted to leave, she had a choice to. Just like she had a choice in whether she wanted to move with them or not.

And she decided that, yes, she did want to take a chance and reside in New Orleans for the time being. Why not? If what Sam said was correct, then the large and in charge vampire population could probably give them a chance to fit in and find more like them instead of being hunted all the time. Plus, there was a lot to eat—most of the people were tourists, and the probability of having plenty of snatch-and-erase victims were endless. They wouldn't ever have to see them again.

Rory compelled them a penthouse on Bourbon Street, where the deed was under Dean's name. Dating a human, Rory found, was a little more struggle than she realised when she took into account of her past with not being able to control her urges around blood. But she liked Dean. She didn't want to hurt him, and it was bad enough that he gave up his entire life to stay with her (and his brother, Sam, but she digressed). Why would she ruin it by tearing into his carotid and leaving him out to die? There was also the fact that Sam watched her like a hawk. He was one of the most impressive vampires she had ever seen, taking to his bloodsucker ways like it was natural. He never had problems with binging on blood, and he got through it on his own.

Maybe it was just Rory that was defective.

"Dude, I thought vampires were supposed to have super strength," Dean grunted as he and Sam lifted the couch into the living room, the older—and more human—of the two struggling as they dropped it against the carpeted floor. Rory looked up from her magazine to see Dean side-eyeing Sam.