𝟐𝟎

𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓﹙ 𝒂𝒄𝒕 𝒕𝒘𝒐, 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚 ﹚࿐ ࿔ ✧˖*°▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓
﹙ 𝒂𝒄𝒕 𝒕𝒘𝒐, 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚 ﹚
࿐ ࿔ ✧˖*°
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Rory's head feels like it's been pushed underwater. Her ears ring, white noise flooding her ears. Kai is sitting in front of her, still looking severely weakened despite feeding from a full blood bag. His eyebrows pull together in concern as Rory falls back on her haunches. Kai's lips are moving, spelling out her name as he leans forward to grab a hold of her arms.

"I'm starting to think you're the angel of death—" Kol's voice rings in her mind as she squeezes her eyes shut.

"—You led a monster into your town and it was because of you that people suffer," Finn hisses.

A sob leaves Rory's lips, covering her mouth with the back of her hand. Her vision is blurry with tears again—it's always blurry with tears at this point, she doesn't remember a day where she hasn't cried—and her heart is racing so fast, she swears it's about to beat right out of her chest.

"Rory," Kai says, clutching at her arms. He shakes her slightly. "Rory. It's okay. I feel fine."

"You're not. You're not fine, and it's...it's my fault," Rory manages to choke out through the lump in her throat. She reaches forward to cup Kai's face in her hands. Her blood-soaked fingers clutch at his cheeks, staining his skin with red. "I'm going to help you. You're going to be okay. I swear, nothing's going to happen to you."

"I know. I know you're going to help, but you need to calm down. You're not helping anyone like this," Kai responds in concern.

"Shh," Rory places a finger over Kai's lips, preventing him from saying anything else. "Just shh. I'm going to make it okay. I'll make it all better, I promise."

"Rory—" Kai starts.

Rory's hands fall on either side of Kai's head, jolting his head violently to the side. His neck snaps, and he falls forward into Rory's arms. She pushes him back against the couch, letting him rest his head comfortably against a cushion.

Hayley and Klaus exchange a worried glance. "Rory?" Hayley asks softly.

"Get Freya. Or Davina. Or any other fucking witch. Bring back the entire ancestral realm of New Orleans for all I care; find a way to reverse what Rayna's blood did," Rory demands, turning around to face the two hybrids.

"Cami—" Hayley starts.

"—If I cannot save Kai, he cannot save Cami. Understand?" Rory interjects.

"Rory, I think you need to sit down," Klaus says as Rory turns on her heel to walk up the stairs, reaching an arm out to clutch at her wrist gently. "You're panicking; you're acting rashly. You need to think about our next step with a clear head."