𝟏𝟕

𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓﹙ 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏 ﹚࿐ ࿔ ✧˖*°▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓
﹙ 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏 ﹚
࿐ ࿔ ✧˖*°
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Klaus kisses her like he wants to be the only name she remembers. She often wondered if the two years apart took a toll on him as much as it took a toll on her, so she supposes that her question is answered with the way the hybrid has her close against his chest. The night was spent in silence, Rory and Klaus just enjoying each other's company. It's been a while since they were able to revel in the silence, in each other.

When she wakes up, she's only half surprised to see him wide awake, his eyes trailing over the lines of her face. Rory smiles at him, and he smiles back. It's a soft smile, barely there, but it's one that sends a warmth down to the tip of her toes. She finds Klaus really cute when he wants to be.

"Good morning," he tells her, brushing a hair out of her face. His voice is raspy with sleep, but judging by the way that he's fully dressed, he's been awake for just a little while longer than she has. Rory can smell food cooking downstairs. "I've invited my siblings for breakfast."

"You think that's a good idea?" Rory quirks an eyebrow, remembering how upset Rebekah and Elijah were with Klaus' decision to kill Mikael. It's obvious that Freya wouldn't be joining them, considering she actually loved Mikael.

"I think my father's death is an event to celebrate, don't you agree?" Klaus inquires.

"Whatever you say," Rory lightly pushes Klaus back against the pillows, palm poised against his chest. She sits up, holding herself up with her elbow. "How are you feeling?"

"Good," Klaus replies, and he really means it. He does feel good despite the danger of Dahlia awaiting his daughter, because at least he has Rory. Rory, who spent most of her time running away from love, is currently looking down at him with the doe eyes he's grown to adore.

"Are you sure?"

Klaus simply responds with a soft hum as he leans up to kiss her collarbone, skin revealed by the over-sized shirt that slips down her shoulders. He rolls them over, shifting himself between her legs. He lowers his head to press his lips against the side of her neck, Rory tilting her head back as her fingers curl around the strands of his hair.

"What's the time?" Rory murmurs as she feels the tips of his teeth graze her skin, nipping softly.

"9:30," Klaus speaks against her throat, his hands curling over her sides.

Rory reaches over to the bedside table, unlocking her phone. She frowns at the zero calls or messages from Kai. Usually, the male would text her by 7:30am (he wakes up early to complete his exercise, or he finds himself waking up from night terrors) and call her by 8:00 when she doesn't reply. To see no form of communication from him is weird, even though they've only been taking for just over a week. He's established a routine with her pretty quick.