𝟎𝟓

𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓﹙ 𝒂𝒄𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆, 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒇𝒊𝒗𝒆 ﹚࿐ ࿔ ✧˖*°▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓
﹙ 𝒂𝒄𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆, 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒇𝒊𝒗𝒆 ﹚
࿐ ࿔ ✧˖*°
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Rory wakes up to a bone-chilling shiver running up her spine. She peels her eyes open slowly, her eyes adjusting to the darkness of her shared bedroom. The weight of Klaus' chest against her back tells her that the hybrid is still asleep according to his steady breaths, his arm wrapped securely around her waist and his head tucked into the crook of her neck.

There's a feeling of uneasiness that spawns in her chest, one that she can't ignore. There's a lump forming in her throat, and she forces herself to swallow it down. Her mouth feels dry and like she just swallowed cotton.

She slowly tugs Klaus' arm from around her, lifting it up to push herself into a sitting position on the bed. She takes the pillow from behind her head to rest it in her place, letting the older male's arm curl around the pillow instead. She lowers herself to grab Klaus' discarded shirt off the floor, pulling it over her head as she stands up.

She pauses at the mirror, seeing a shadow poised behind her. There's a certain...aura around it, like dark smoke. Rory turns over her shoulder to see if it was really there, only to find the spot empty. She turns back to the mirror, seeing it gone as well. She rubs at her eyes, shaking her head as she tucks a hair behind her ear.

You're seeing things.

She makes her way out of the bedroom, shutting the door behind her quietly as she exits out into the hallway.

She massages the bridge of her nose as she makes her way down towards the kitchen, only for the sound of heels clicking against the floor to fill her ears. Her eyebrows pull together in slight confusion, thinking that it could be Rebekah—but the sound comes from behind her; upstairs.

Rory turns around to face the imposter, her breath stuttering as she realises that it's not Rebekah.

"Katherine?" Rory whispers in an incredulous manner.

The vampire's lips upturn into a smirk, one that is identical to her own. Rory knows that Katherine is dead, knows more than anybody, but she looks so real. Her hair is curled down to her waist, skin-tight jeans and a leather jacket slung over her shoulders. She still has her daylight bracelet on despite Rory knowing she was human before she died...but how is she here if she's dead?

"Hi, baby Rory," Katherine teases as she saunters towards her. She stops right in front of Rory—halfway down the staircase, holding onto the bannister. Rory's eyes flicker to her hand; she's real. Her hands look like flesh and it's not decayed, and she isn't a corpse—Katherine is here. "Did you miss me?"

"How are you..." Rory stammers as she looks up at Katherine. "How are you here right now? You're dead—Stefan—"

"—Killed me? I know," Katherine shrugs one of her shoulders, cocking her head to the side, and it's so Katherine that Rory doesn't think for a second that this could be a figment of her imagination. "But does anyone really stay dead, Rory?"