𝟎𝟑

𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓﹙ 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆 ﹚࿐ ࿔ ✧˖*°▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓
﹙ 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆 ﹚
࿐ ࿔ ✧˖*°
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

She needs a drink. That's the first thought that goes through her mind ▬ she needs a drink, and she doesn't mean the normal scotch she usually takes to sip on. She needs vodka. Her eyes connect with Klaus' and she isn't sure if she wants to throw up or run into his arms and kiss him silly. She immediately brushes the latter thought out of her head, because she can't feel that way. She has a boyfriend ▬ a very nice, kind boyfriend that she worked so hard to prove to him that she was worth his sacrifice.

"I need a drink," Rory blurts as soon as the words leave Klaus' lips. The blond man watches as she turns on her heel, making a beeline for the counter. Cami is at her service within moments, serving her request of vodka. Klaus spares his brother a glance, Elijah simply shaking his head as he regards the ex-couple.

"I'll leave you to it then," Elijah states in a quiet manner as he stalks towards Klaus. He places his hand on his shoulder, giving him a meaningful look. "Please, brother—do not scare her away."

"I could never," Klaus responds, and Elijah leaves within a blink.

Rory looks the same, unchanging. Klaus expects that ▬ she was a vampire, after all. He approaches her like she's a wounded animal, cornered and scared. He notices the way her shoulders tense up when he slips into the seat next to her, and she immediately tosses her head back to down the alcohol in her glass. She swallows thickly, her eyes screwing shut at the burn in her throat.

"Are you going to tell me, then?" Klaus inquires after a moment of silence. Rory lifts her eyes from the counter, and Klaus has to clench his fists to stop himself from kissing her the way he wants to. He greatly underestimated his desire to see her again, to have his hands on her flesh and to feel her in his grip. "Why you left?"

"I thought it was pretty self-explanatory," Rory states. Her hand goes to her neck, and her fingers absentmindedly seek out the pendant. Finding that it wasn't there ▬ and it hasn't been there for 730 days ▬ she drops her hand like she's been burned. She curls her hands into fists on her lap, praying that Klaus didn't notice. He did. "I lost my brother and I was terrified of losing anyone else. I stole the cure from you and Rebekah, gave it to Katherine, and now she's...dead."

"I'm aware. I came back to Mystic Falls upon hearing of her death," states Klaus. "I thought you would be there. I looked for you..." Klaus trails off, his eyes flickering to the bar top. His fingers twitch. He's nervous. He hasn't been this open in anybody in a while. He forgot how comforting Rory's presence was. "I looked for you and you weren't there. Caroline said you haven't been back. You didn't come back—not even when your brother was brought back to life."

"That town was going to kill me someday, Klaus," Rory responds. Nik, Klaus wants to correct. He keeps quiet. "Everybody I loved died there. Not only that, but I found out that my bloodline has been painting the town red for over two millennia. I found out about the Original doppelganger—the reason that Silas wanted that cure. You know about her, don't you?"