𝟏𝟗

𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓﹙ 𝒂𝒄𝒕 𝒕𝒘𝒐, 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏﹚࿐ ࿔ ✧˖*°▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓
﹙ 𝒂𝒄𝒕 𝒕𝒘𝒐, 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏﹚
࿐ ࿔ ✧˖*°
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Mrs Robinson was sad to see them leave the boarding house, but Rory was a little glad that she could go back to living in the compound. Only because the space was much bigger and it gave her the space to do whatever she needed, whereas the boarding house was preoccupied by a multitude of people and it was a small home for so many boarders.

"Malachai," Elijah greets as he walks down the stairs. Kai stiffens from behind Rory, his hands tightening over the handle of the suitcase that he has in his grip.

"It's Kai, Elijah. He's corrected you countless times," Rory responds, rolling her eyes.

Elijah presses his lips together. "Right. My apologies—Kai," he says. "I would like to...welcome you back to the compound. It's been very quiet without you."

Kai eyes the hand that Elijah holds out to shake. "Thanks," Kai gives Elijah a fake smile, choosing to ignore the offer for the handshake. Elijah wears a slightly offended look on his face, but Kai simply stalks off to his bedroom.

Elijah's eyes the place where Kai once stood, turning to face Rory. "Rory, I—"

"—I'm not really in the mood to talk, Elijah. I'm sorry," Rory attempts to push past Elijah, but he wraps his hand around her wrist to stop her in her tracks. Rory turns around to face the Original, her eyebrows pulling together into a frown.

"I apologise if this is too straightforward, but..." Elijah begins. "Kai and Hayley. Are they...?"

"Are they...?" Rory gives him an expectant look, raising her eyebrows.

Elijah clears his throat.

"...Are they seeing each other, you mean?" Rory questions. Elijah looks uncomfortable at the question, but nods stiffly in response.

Rory turns her head to see Kai paused outside his bedroom door, Hayley standing beside him. They're talking in slightly hushed tones, but the smile on Hayley's face is blatant enough for Rory to see.

"I don't know," Rory continues, turning back to face Elijah. "And if they are, it's none of my business. And no offense, but I don't think it's any of your business either."

"Right," Elijah says rigidly.

"Kay," Rory gives him another onceover. "Is that all you wanted to ask me?"

"Yes. Yes, that would be all."

"Can you let go of my wrist now? You're kind of squeezing a little hard," Rory gestures towards Elijah's hand still wrapped around her limb. Elijah immediately releases her, looking flustered at being caught in such a vulnerable position. "Hey, just a word of advice? Hayley just recently lost Jackson. If she's turning to Kai for comfort...or whatever it is, don't ruin it, okay?"