𝟎𝟏

𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓﹙ 𝒂𝒄𝒕 𝒕𝒘𝒐, 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒐𝒏𝒆 ﹚﹙#𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆: smut﹚࿐ ࿔ ✧˖*°▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓
﹙ 𝒂𝒄𝒕 𝒕𝒘𝒐, 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒐𝒏𝒆 ﹚
﹙#𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆: smut﹚
࿐ ࿔ ✧˖*°
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

My dear Rebekah,
I hope this finds you well. I write to offer an update and ask for your advice.

Our brothers remain at odds. Klaus will never apologise—not for the blood he's shed or the suffering that Hayley continues to endure—and Elijah can never forgive him. Despite my efforts, we are a house divided. Which is not to say I have no good news. . .

Niklaus has kept his word; Marcel controls the Quarter. There, he has founded a fight gym in the old St. Anne's Church where he tests the mettle of those who wish to join his vampire community. Elijah has begun joining him for sparring. I believe it helps him work through his anger. . . and he has much anger.

While Hope continues to flourish, it is clear she misses her mother. Though Niklaus remains the dotting father, he has been of no help in finding a cure for Hayley's curse. Despite my best efforts, I've yet to find the means to undo the spell placed on the Crescent wolves, and Hayley herself continues to struggle, unable to see her child except for one night a month during the full moon. And we're in no position to ask for outside help. Davina's rage at our family has only grown. And, as Regent of all covens, she is far too formidable to be swayed.

Rory has grown into her role of a godmother well. She and Hope have developed a loving relationship that I see makes Niklaus happy. It is clear to me now more than ever that she has always wanted children of her own. However, her vampire nature does not allow for such a thing.

Malachai has been residing at the compound full-time, much to Niklaus' disdain. He does not much care for him, but Rory insists that Malachai is one of the few friends she has left. Niklaus agreed with reluctance, as I expected. He would agree with whatever she asks him to do, even if it includes throwing himself into a pit of fire.

Elijah's bitterness towards Niklaus has not extended much towards Rory, but I can see that he is angry when he sees them together. Perhaps it is because Gia was taken away from him. In addition, Niklaus seems utterly free of remorse, which only drives him further away. Rory and him do not speak as often as they used to, which I suspect has something to do with the compulsion he put on her a few months ago.

I wonder if you would write me with any advice you have on how to heal the family's fractured bond. Until then, I remain your loving sister.

Freya.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

The compound is always quiet in the mornings. Save for the soft music that floods in through the window from the streets of New Orleans, it's usually silent enough to hear a pin drop. With Hayley and Elijah gone, the only people that have been residing in the Abattoir are Rory, Klaus, Freya and Kai. Not that Rory minds the quietness—she's grown to like it. With the tumultuous months she had that were action-packed, the silence is welcomed.