𝟎𝟒

𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓﹙ 𝒂𝒄𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆, 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓 ﹚࿐ ࿔ ✧˖*°▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓
﹙ 𝒂𝒄𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆, 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓 ﹚
࿐ ࿔ ✧˖*°
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

The ride back to New Orleans was a slow and gruelling one. Mostly because everyone knew that going back to the city was potentially suicide, but they had gotten the okay from Vincent, which meant that they got the okay from Marcel. Honestly, Rory's a little impressed—the Mikaelsons were like cockroaches. She's sure that at the end of the apocalypse, the last ones standing would be them. No matter how hard you try to get rid of them, they always come crawling back.

And she means that in the most affectionate way possible.

Klaus was probably the least happy out of all of them to be back, and none of his family members would blame him. He spent five years in unspeakable torment, but they really had no other choice. Rory had turned to Kai himself for help, even Freya, but both of the witches weren't specialised in purification spells.

"Let's see. I can do cloaking, prison worlds, mind spells—make you think you're a little cuckoo in the head here and there. Um, offense magic. Lots of brain melting. Probably some internal bleeding—okay, a lot of it—but purification spells...never really my jam," Kai had listed when asked by Klaus and Rory.

"Our home," Klaus sighs as the family makes their way towards the Mikaelson compound, lips pursed in displeasure. He registers the condemned sign around the gates, as well as the furniture gathering dust. The only thing that remained spotless, it seems, was the kitchen. "Once the pride of our family, now a flophouse."

"Aw, don't be too harsh. All it needs is a little dusting off," Rory pats one of the couches. Immediately, a cloud of dust assaults her nostrils, making her sneeze. "Okay. Maybe a lot of dusting off. Jeez, how I didn't manage to suffocate and die while I was cooking here remains a mystery to me."

"Me too, actually," Jasper's voice fills the room as the vampire strides into the courtyard, Vincent trailing behind him. His platinum blond hair is a shocking juxtaposition to the all-black ensemble he has on, and his smirk remains as handsome and daunting as ever. "Back so soon, my little bowl of cream of wheat?"

"Eugh," Kai scrunches his nose up. "You could do better."

"I know, but I got a little lazy. I found that food is pretty-much the go to for flirty one-liners," Jasper responds, coming to a stop in front of Rory. He rubs his knuckles against her head, messing up her brunette curls. "It's been a day. You just can't stay away from me, can you? Rory, I've told you this before—you're engaged, I'm asexual. We just wouldn't work out."

"With the amount of jokes that you've made trying to kiss her, no one would guess that you're ace," Kai mutters under his breath.

"It's only fun because I know it bothers him," Jasper grins as he cocks his chin in Klaus' direction, the hybrid scowling in response.