𝟎𝟐

𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓﹙ 𝒂𝒄𝒕 𝒕𝒘𝒐, 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒘𝒐 ﹚࿐ ࿔ ✧˖*°▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓
﹙ 𝒂𝒄𝒕 𝒕𝒘𝒐, 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒘𝒐 ﹚
࿐ ࿔ ✧˖*°
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

For the better part of the evening, Rory remains thoroughly entertained by Kai's drunken antics. Turns out, being a vampire doesn't exactly give you a super high tolerance for alcohol right away. He's drunk off a few shots of vodka and was currently making a fool out of himself whilst trying to flirt with a girl who he keeps calling Bonnie. Rory would think it was cute, if not downright pathetic considering Bonnie was the one that got him into the situation he's in right now—stuck in New Orleans with no way of returning to Mystic Falls in fear of Damon Salvatore.

"I can't believe she rejected me," Kai pouts as he clambers onto the chair beside Rory. He's replaced his shots for a Long Island Iced Tea, the straw placed on his bottom lip. The girl—whose name was Beverly, not Bonnie—had scurried off in a huff.

"To be fair, you look like you're going to throw up at any minute and you kept calling her the wrong name," Rory points out.

"What did I call her?"

"Bonnie,"

"Was her name not Bonnie?"

"It was Beverly, Kai,"

"Easy mistake," Kai sniffs, slurping at his drink.

"You're so pathetic. I feel bad," Rory juts her bottom lip out as she ruffles Kai's hair. Scowling, the heretic slaps her hand away. Rory shifts her gaze towards Klaus, who seems to be deep in conversation with an art critic. At least, that's what Rory assumes the man is judging by the scarf and beret he's sporting.

She's about to get off her seat to join him, when the male from earlier intercepts her. Lucien, she remembers. That's his name.

"Hello again," Lucien greets. Rory sinks back into her seat, not wanting to be rude. She gives him a pleasant smile as Kai shifts behind her, placing his elbow against the bar top as he eavesdrops on the conversation. "Rory, isn't it? Lucien, if it wasn't clear."

Before Rory can reply, Kai interjects. "I'm Kai," he slurs, holding his arm out. "Kai Parker. Nice to meet you, Lucifer."

"Lucien," the vampire corrects, but he reaches forward to shake Kai's hand—albeit, in an iffy fashion, like Kai is below him. Kai's too drunk to notice, but Rory does, and it puts Lucien in her bad books. Lucien averts his gaze towards her, placing his chin against his knuckles. "I'm sorry if this sounds too forward, but I have to tell you; you are the most beautiful girl I've ever seen."

Rory blinks, a little taken aback at his blatant flirting. Was he not Klaus' friend?

"You're right. That is a little too forward. And a little unbelievable," Rory isn't swayed by Lucien's seemingly charming demeanour; she doesn't trust him.