𝟎𝟐

𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓﹙ 𝒂𝒄𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆, 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒘𝒐 ﹚࿐ ࿔ ✧˖*°▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓
﹙ 𝒂𝒄𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆, 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒘𝒐 ﹚
࿐ ࿔ ✧˖*°
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Rory sits across Kai, who leans back in his chair with an unreadable look on his face. Rory fidgets nervously in her seat as she feels Kai's gaze practically prying under her skin, his jaw clenching as his eyes narrow in her direction. The area surrounding them is quiet—too quiet. A bead of sweat trails down the side of Rory's head as Kai folds his hands under his chin, trailing his eyes over the lines of Rory's face.

"Are you lying to me, Rory?" Kai asks lowly.

Rory swallows the lump in her throat. She feels him examining every move that she makes with such intensity that she feels goosebumps building up her arms and legs.

"I'm not," Rory replies.

Kai cocks his head. His lips curl into a smirk as he regards her with malice. His fingers curl around the deck of card in his hands. "Go fish," he says, placing the cards on the table.

Rory groans as she tosses her handful of cards in front of him, a scowl on her lips as Kai cackles in victory, clapping his hands together. She did, in fact, have a three. Kai collects the ten dollars she placed on the table, slipping them into his pocket.

"All's fair in love and war, Roro," Kai leans forward to rub his knuckles against the top of Rory's head, causing her to huff in response.

Rory gathers up the rest of the cards, pushing them back into their respectful box. She tucks her hair behind her ears as Kai makes his way towards the alcohol tray, pouring himself a glass of bourbon. He leans against the wall as he examines Rory, taking a sip from his glass.

"What are you staring at?" Rory mutters under her breath as she drops the deck of cards into her bag.

"Nothing interesting," Kai replies. Rory gives him an annoyed glance, in which Kai responds with a smirk. He taps his fingers against the countertop, swallowing a mouthful of bourbon. "Jasper let me know that Hayley's found the last werewolf for Marcel's bite."

"Didn't think you cared," Rory makes her way towards the kitchen, pulling out a cupcake from the fridge.

"What makes you think I didn't care?"

"The fact that I've been begging you to siphon up that barrier for ages now and you always say no," Rory leans her hands against the counter, cocking her head.

"That doesn't mean I don't care. It means that I don't have a death wish," Kai rolls his eyes. "Besides, it's not like that family has done much for me anyway. If I'm not mistaken, that older sister of theirs almost let both of us die just because of some petty shit between me and Fred."