𝟏𝟔

𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓﹙ 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒊𝒙𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏 ﹚࿐ ࿔ ✧˖*°▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓
﹙ 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒊𝒙𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏 ﹚
࿐ ࿔ ✧˖*°
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Rory thinks she has a soft spot for the cursed and damned. She doesn't know what it is about people with baggage that makes her want to make sure they're okay despite the things they've done in their past. She thinks it's because she, herself, is someone that needs fixing but is broken beyond comprehension, so she takes it upon herself to ensure that she can help others. Others like Kai Parker, who wants to apologise and make things right with the people that he wronged.

Only problem was, once Kai found out he had a "friend", he was overly eager and wanted to keep in touch with Rory every second of the day. That meant calling her on the phone every five minutes.

"So, Bonnie says that if I give her the Ascendant for the 1903 Prison World, then she'll think about forgiving me," Kai's voice comes through the receiver as Rory presses the phone against her ear. The male hadn't even bothered to say hello, simply deep diving into his problems. "Only issue: I don't know if she really means it or if she's just saying it because I have the Ascendant."

"Well, I'm going to be honest with you. I think she's just saying it because you have the Ascendant," Rory responds as she strides towards the kitchen. "But have you actually done what I discussed with you last time?"

Kai groans. "You mean to apologise to her? I've done it like five hundred times!"

"I said apologise to her and mean it, Kai. Apologies don't matter if you don't mean it—it doesn't matter if it's the five hundredth time,"

"All the times I've apologised to her, I meant it," Kai mutters petulantly. "I just don't think she wants to believe it."

"Well, it's going to take some time, so you can't just push her into it. Patience is key," Rory says as she pours herself a cup of coffee. "You did stab her and then proceeded to try and steal her magic."

"Who's on the phone?" Klaus suddenly appears behind her in the kitchen, causing Rory to startle violently. She whips around to face him, glaring daggers at him. He raises his hands in surrender. "Sorry, I thought you heard me this time."

"Clearly not," Rory huffs as she grabs a napkin, patting at the spilled coffee on the counter. "Kai, I have to go."

"What? Nooooooo," Kai whines. "Please, we're not done! What do I do? Should I beg to come with her?"

"Don't be pushy about it," Rory replies.

"But I want her to forgive me!"

"Then just keep apologising and try to make things right, but you have to let her forgive you at her own pace,"