𝟎𝟕

𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓﹙ 𝒂𝒄𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆, 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏 ﹚࿐ ࿔ ✧˖*°▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓
﹙ 𝒂𝒄𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆, 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏 ﹚
࿐ ࿔ ✧˖*°
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Rory Gilbert, for one, is absolutely furious. After Elijah's— to put it quite frankly, shameless— display of violence and aggression, the brunette knew that the jig was up. The entire reason that they had this party was to call upon a truce with the people of New Orleans, and now that Elijah has just presented his violent temper on a silver platter, it gave Rory an extremely foreboding feeling in her chest.

"Thank you so much for coming," Rory's lips twist into a saccharine smile as she ushers out the last of the guests, lowering her head in an apologetic manner. "And I am so sorry for the disruption caused by the earlier actions of my dear friend Elijah. You know how the Mikaelsons are."

The woman gives Rory a look of distaste as she leaves past the gates. Rory exhales the breath she had no idea she was holding as Jasper comes to a stop in front of her, his lips pressed together in a thin line. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand the underlying tone in his face— the people of New Orleans were not happy.

"What are the chances you can fix what happened tonight?" Rory asks in an unsure manner.

"16%. I used a calculator," Jasper responds. He flashes Elijah a look over his shoulder, turning to face Rory once more. "Between you and I, I think you might need to forget keeping that fiancé of yours on a leash— it's his brother you have to worry about."

"I'll talk to him. Thanks, Jasper," Rory places a hand on his shoulder, squeezing softly in support. Jasper gives her another nod, closing the gates of the Abattoir as he disappears into the roads of Bourbon Street. Rory turns to face Elijah, ripping the gloves off her hands as she strides towards him. She smacks him against the chest with cloth angrily. "What the hell was that about?"

"What was what?" Elijah asks in a shameless manner.

"That, Elijah. You single handedly ruined a party that was meant to create peace between the fractions of New Orleans!" Rory snaps.

"Dominic was a spy for the Hollow. Should I have just let him walk free instead?"

Rory gives him an incredulous look. "Elijah, you are smarter than this— you and I both know that. What you did tonight is completely out of character for you; what the fuck is going on?"

Before Elijah could reply, Kai and Klaus enter the courtyard. They look unharmed enough, but they did have a few spots of blood here and there. Rory can only assume it was the blood of the Hollow's followers. Rory gives the two of them a look of relief— at least one thing came up solid for the night.

"What's going on?" Klaus inquires, sensing the tense energy in the room.

Rory disregards his question. "Did Sofya's tip check out?"