𝟏𝟓

𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓﹙ 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒇𝒊𝒇𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏 ﹚࿐ ࿔ ✧˖*°▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓
﹙ 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒇𝒊𝒇𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏 ﹚
࿐ ࿔ ✧˖*°
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Rory is extremely thankful that Bonnie doesn't ask her to meet in Mystic Falls. She instead, asks Rory to visit her at a quaint little coffee house just outside of Whitemore College, where she says she was planning on meeting Kai anyway. The drive to Virginia is long and gruelling, but Rory's adamant on making sure this hex gets off her neck—she refuses to allow anybody free leeway into her mind. Especially people who have a vendetta against the Petrova doppelgangers.

Rory checks the time on her phone, seeing that she's arrived far earlier than Bonnie told her to be. So, she slumps on a bench outside the café, basking in the sunlight. She tilts her head back, inhaling deeply. She feels her phone buzz in her pocket, and when she pulls it out, she sees that it's another text from Klaus.

The hybrid had been adamant on Rory not going alone considering the multitude of dangers that await in Mystic Falls—and the people that surround it—but Klaus had other things to worry about. Such as Eva Sinclair trying to pry her way out of Rebekah's self-conscious.

I'm fine. I just got here. If anything happens, I'll call. She texts back, pocketing her phone once more. She kicks her feet out, a soft hum leaving her lips. It's been a while since she's gotten to just sit alone like this, so she appreciates the time that she has to herself. Just for a second, with the college building just a few yards away, she can imagine she's still a normal girl studying for a higher education.

A small, furry body winds between her legs, and she looks down to see a cat at her feet. She pouts her bottom lip, lowering herself to pet the creature. It leans its head against her hand, purring.

It ends up sitting at her feet for the rest of the half an hour that she waits for Bonnie and Kai.

"Huh," an unfamiliar voice speaks up from above Rory as the cat chases her shoelaces. "I don't know what I expected, but I didn't think I'd see a vampire playing with kittens." Rory looks up to see an unknown man standing in front of her. He's cute, that's for sure. He's taller than her, with brown hair and brown eyes. "Sorry, it's really easy to spot you. You look just like your sister."

Rory's lips form an 'o'. He must've been referring to Elena. So, this must be Kai.

"Hi," Rory smiles, standing up. She brushes the cat fur off her jeans, holding a hand out. She doesn't miss the way he flinches, but in an attempt not to make things awkward, she pretends like she didn't notice. "You must be Kai, then. I'm Rory."

"Nice to meet you," Kai grips Rory's hand in his, shaking it. He quickly stuffs his hands into his pockets, rocking back and forth on his heels. "So, Bonnie's not here yet?"

"Uh, nope," Rory shakes her head. "You're free to take a seat, though. I've just been waiting out here."

Kai's eyes flicker around awkwardly, before he shrugs and nods. He drops himself onto the bench that she previously resided on. Rory sits to sticking on the floor, where the cat waits for her to resume playing with it.