𝟎𝟗

𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓﹙ 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒆 ﹚࿐ ࿔ ✧˖*°▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓
﹙ 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒆 ﹚
࿐ ࿔ ✧˖*°
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

    Rory doesn't know where exactly to place Davina on her friendship scale, but something tells her it doesn't really matter. She realises quickly that Davina doesn't really see her as a friend, more so somebody that was on Klaus' side. Nonetheless, Rory can't bring herself to care. She's dealt with her fair share of judgemental opinions when it comes to Klaus—in fact, she's spent most of her life in Mystic Falls caring too much about what people thought about her relationship with him. Either way, she wasn't here to make friends, she was here to get answers. She could only be thankful that Kol was there to be the mediator.

    "So, what exactly did Finn tell you?" Davina asks, clasping her hands together as she leaned forward on the table. "And I mean everything that he told you."

    "It's a little complicated, considering I'm pretty sure I was extremely out of it most of the time... but he did mention that my memories of Katherine and the rest of my ancestors weren't memories. He said something along the lines of me being Katherine. Which doesn't make sense, unless I fed the cure to vampirism to myself. Which also doesn't make sense because I'm still a vampire," Rory rambles.

    Davina exhales, nodding as she takes all of this in stride. "Well, from what Kol and I found—"

    "It's not magic that most witches practice these days," Kol interjects. "It's old magic, practically ancient. And it's also very, very difficult."

    "Bordering on necromancy," Davina adds.

    "Okay... correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't necromancy another word for like... death magic?" Rory inquires nervously.

    Kol nods in response. "Finn mentioned to me once that he thought the doppelgangers were all connected. He had this thought that each of you were somewhat... rebirths of one another, which is why he was able to access Katerina and Tatia's memories through you,"

    "But if we're being honest, we think that's not possible. Because though the doppelgangers are carbon copies of each other physically, it's hard to say that the act of rebirth is actually possible," Davina states. "However, Finn managed to breach the magical barriers that were keeping you and your doppelgangers separate. In terms of memory, at least."

    "Okay, so he wants to scare me out of my body. I thought we established this. He's conjuring up the worst possible times of my life—and my ancestors' lives—to prove the fact that my body isn't mine," Rory retorts. "He's made it perfectly clear. Asshole."

    "He lied," Kol deadpans. Rory frowns at him. "He wasn't trying to scare you out of your body, Rory. He wanted to make you think that was his play. What he did was the exact opposite. He fused your soul to your body. He ensured that if anything were to happen to you... you wouldn't have anywhere to run."