𝟏𝟒

𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓﹙ 𝒂𝒄𝒕 𝒕𝒘𝒐, 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏﹚࿐ ࿔ ✧˖*°▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓
﹙ 𝒂𝒄𝒕 𝒕𝒘𝒐, 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏﹚
࿐ ࿔ ✧˖*°
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Kai Parker had never travelled far from his hometown in Portland, Oregon. His family trips mostly consisted of small road trips, and even then, his interests weren't usually prioritised. It was mostly coven meetings, if he was being honest. The Parker family was not much for family bonding unless it had to do with Joshua and his twin sister Jo, who was his father's favourite.

Portugal was beautiful. It was sunny and nice, and Kai was supposed to be on vacation. But he didn't feel like he was on vacation, not after the phone call from Rory Gilbert. After he had said hello to Steven—and had him hesitantly wave back in his direction—Rory had dropped the bomb that she was kind of engaged. He had no idea what that meant, but he knew what an engagement was.

Engagements happened when two people love each other very much and decide to spend the rest of their lives together. Engagements are usually followed by marriage, and marriage produces children. Well, not in Rory's lifetime, but perhaps Klaus'. He already had one of those running around anyway.

"Hey, Cami," Kai said into the phone. He stirs his piña colada, his bottom lip jutted out into a small pout. "I know that we're not talking and all because apparently you're mad that I tried to double cross you with your dark objects, but you're still my therapist. So you have to listen."

"You don't pay me, Kai." Cami sighed in response, but he doesn't hear any defiance in her tone—that means that she's probably going to listen, even if she doesn't want to.

"Um, Kevin and Rory don't pay you either," Kai replies, tilting his head back to swallow a mouthful of alcohol. He sniffed, turning around to face the view of the beach behind him. "So, like...say my friend just told me they were engaged to their significant other. I should be happy for them, right?"

"That is usually what happens when something good happens to a close friend of yours, yes." Cami replied.

"Okay. So, like, why do I feel this really sour pit in my stomach?" Kai squinted in a confused manner. "Like, I guess I'm happy for them. But also, there's also this thing where I feel like huh, this kinda sucks. Even though getting married is a great thing, and they've been with their boyfriend for like, ages now, and they should be getting married—"

"—Kai, is this about Rory and Klaus?"

"Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh?" Kai trailed off into the receiver. Cami responded with an unamused sigh. "Of course it's not about Rory and Kenneth. Why would it be about Rory and Kevin? There's no reason for me to feel bad about Rory and Kennedy. I mean, they're great together! Why would you ever think that I'm talking about Rory and Kieran?"