𝟎𝟑

𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓﹙ 𝒂𝒄𝒕 𝒕𝒘𝒐, 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆 ﹚࿐ ࿔ ✧˖*°▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓
﹙ 𝒂𝒄𝒕 𝒕𝒘𝒐, 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆 ﹚
࿐ ࿔ ✧˖*°
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

7031 ST. CHARLES AVE. MIDNIGHT. The black card stares back at her, the golden inscription almost taunting. She had never really found her ripper tendencies very charming—sure, she's met a few people that were... she supposed, into it. That being Kol and most definitely Rebekah, but she had never had someone describe herself in such a way that sent a feeling of... pride in her chest.

The way you move, Aurora. It's enthralling.

You are exquisite; one of a kind.

Tristan de Martel didn't seem like a very nice man. Sure, he seems very charming, but Lucien also seems very charming and apparently, he brought on a vision of the Mikaelson family's impending doom. So she wonders, what exactly is the truth.

She spends the entire night tossing and turning over the invitation—what the initiation could possibly mean for her. If she were to accept the invitation to the Strix, what would that mean? Would she have to make some creepy blood oath? Were there witches binding their lives together like the Gemini coven? If she were being honest, the Strix sounded more cult-like than anything.

"You're thinking awfully hard," Klaus voices from behind her. She turns to face him over her shoulder only to see that his eyes are still shut, his body still blanketed by the covers. It's one of the rare times that he's actually in bed with her when she wakes up instead of taking a shower before her. "I can hear the cogs in your head turning."

Rory slips the invitation under her pillow, shifting around to face him. Klaus' eyes peel open, and his lips upturn into a soft smile. Rory can't help but give him one in return, just because there's a giddiness in her chest whenever he smiles at her like that. It really is nice to receive a genuine smile for a man like Klaus Mikaelson—someone constantly in a state of power. It made her feel so special. She really, really loves him.

"Sorry," Rory whispers as she leans forward to kiss him. Klaus' hands trail up her back, the pads of his fingers warm against her skin. "Didn't mean to wake you with my psychotic thinking."

"I was already awake. I just wanted to see how long you would realise," Klaus murmurs against her lips. "What's that you were staring at, sweetheart?"

Rory freezes in his grip. She hadn't exactly... told Klaus that she was propositioned by the young Tristan de Martel. She wasn't exactly sure if Klaus even knew him. Klaus senses her tenseness and sits up slightly, raising an eyebrow.

"What is it?" Klaus asks again.

"It's um..." Rory trails off.

"Rory," Klaus repeats.