𝟎𝟏

𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓﹙ 𝒂𝒄𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆, 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒐𝒏𝒆 ﹚࿐ ࿔ ✧˖*°▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓
﹙ 𝒂𝒄𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆, 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒐𝒏𝒆 ﹚
࿐ ࿔ ✧˖*°
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

It's a beautiful day outside. Streets are packed with tourists—they're drinking beers, they're chasing beads, headed out on the vampire walking tour of New Orleans. They think it's just a myth; just part of our city's charm. Well, we know better. Just like we know there's a storm coming. This week marks five years since the fall of the Mikaelsons, five years of peace.

And we paid a high price for that peace. We witches earned that peace. We snatched back our freedom, we severed our link with our ancestors. To take back our city, we backed Marcel Gerard. Now, since then, we fought hard to build this community. And in the next week, as we celebrate our independence, that community will be challenged because every year we get visitors.

Vampires from all over the world, they come here, and they want to see first-hand the suffering of Klaus Mikaelson. Now, some of those vampires, they're well-behaved. Others, not so much. You see, out-of-town vampires, they don't care about our city; they don't follow our rules. They will instigate trouble; they will attempt to upset our peace and the only way we're going to get through that is if we get through it together.

Now, this ain't the first time that we faced conflict. Each and every one of us here has had their fair share of monsters. I swear, I feel sometimes the city just has evil lurking in the shadows. For a long time, we've managed to keep our monsters buried. And now, we've got to make sure that they stay buried.

Otherwise, we will lose everything that we've built. We will lose it forever.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Five years.

Five years since Rory has last seen a Mikaelson show their face in New Orleans. Five years since she last spoke to Hayley Marshall. Five years since she last heard an update on Hope. Five years since she sealed her fiancé under the cellar of the Mikaelson compound in order to save both her and Kai Parker.

Rory Gilbert has done many things to ensure the survival of the ones that she loves. She just never thought that one day, her decision would cost her the very thing that made her who she was; her heart. Together with Klaus Mikaelson, her heart resided with the Original vampire—locked away in shackles, enduring endless torment under Tunde's mystical dagger at Marcel Gerard's behest.

It's difficult for Rory to say no—difficult for her to decline Marcel's wishes. He's one of the only creatures in the world more powerful than an Original; he's also one of the only creatures that's truly immortal. Nothing can kill him; not the sun, not a werewolf bite, not even the white oak. Marcel is Rory's friend, but she would be stupid to go against him. Not when he has every other supernatural creature in town backing his every request.