𝟏𝟑

𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓﹙ 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏 ﹚࿐ ࿔ ✧˖*°▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓
﹙ 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏 ﹚
࿐ ࿔ ✧˖*°
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

            There was nobody that could do passive aggression like a Mikaelson. That was something that Rory had discovered quite early when they first came into her life. Elijah's form of passive aggression this time was to pack his things up and move straight out of the compound without another word to either Klaus or Rebekah after Klaus had so graciously invited Hayley and Jackson to live in their family home. Now, the only way of forming communication with the older Original was to call him, and even then, both Klaus and Elijah were stubborn as a mule.

Rory leaves the bedroom still clad in an oversized shirt (honestly, she wasn't sure who's it was, she just found it and wore it because she didn't have anything to wear) to see Klaus standing over the balcony overlooking four werewolves sparring with each other. The compound had been less than quiet lately with the constant in-and-out of supernatural creatures, all of which were making themselves comfortable with their newfound accommodation.

Rory opens her mouth to say something, but Klaus holds his finger up and points to the phone in his hand. She looks down to see a three-way call with Elijah and Rebekah. She immediately clamps her mouth shut, nodding in response. She had, truthfully, wanted to start a deeply personal conversation about their almost kiss a week ago, so she was thankful that Klaus had made sure to tell her he was on the phone.

"Enough with the family squabbling! Come on, Nik. Even you can see that the situation has become awkward," Rebekah's voice comes through the line, filling Rory's ears.

"There's nothing awkward about it. Hayley and Hope belong in the compound where they are safe. As much as I would like Elijah's help to kill Finn, his delicate sensibilities are offended by the presence of Hayley's new husband, then he's welcome to continue sulking across the river," Klaus responds.

"As I have explained to you repeatedly, brother, my presence here in Algiers is purely to assemble allies. And given all the enemies in the form of wayward siblings and ancient, maniacal aunt Dahlias, I would think that you would applaud my efforts," is Elijah's response.

"Well, if it's my applause you seek, you shouldn't have dashed off in a bloody huff!"

"Hey, guys," Rory speaks up, causing the siblings to pause in their banter. "Just letting you know that I'm here."

"Rory!" Rebekah exclaims, her tone turning delighted. "Oh, thank god. Have you somehow managed to talk some sense into my insolent brother yet? If it's anyone he listens to, it's you."

"There's nothing to talk to Niklaus about, Rebekah," Elijah argues.

Rory gives Klaus a pointed glance, raising her eyebrow. He simply sniffs, turning to look away. "Well, your insolent brother—" Klaus turns his head sharply at her words. "—doesn't seem to think he's done anything wrong."