𝟏𝟑

𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓﹙ 𝒂𝒄𝒕 𝒕𝒘𝒐, 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏﹚࿐ ࿔ ✧˖*°▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓
﹙ 𝒂𝒄𝒕 𝒕𝒘𝒐, 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏﹚
࿐ ࿔ ✧˖*°
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

The fact that Rory Gilbert now currently resides in New Orleans is not news to Stefan Salvatore, and it shouldn't surprise him to see her. And it doesn't, not really. But what does surprise him is to see the brunette dancing on the bar tops of St. James Infirmary, a bottle of whiskey in hand. Music reverberates through the four walls of the bar, a Beyoncé song playing at the highest volume. The patrons are equally as riled up as Rory, shouting and jeering in support as dances and jumps over the tables.

"Rory!" Stefan attempts to call, but the sound is too loud and Rory's too distracted. Her upper half bends backwards as a random woman pours a vodka shot down her throat, holding a lemon slice in her free hand. Rory swallows it with ease, sucking the fruit between her lips. "Rory!"

The second shout did the trick. Rory stumbles over her feet, almost falling over the counter if it wasn't for a nearby patron grabbing her by the side. She giggles, a little tipsy as she turns her head to face Stefan. Rory looks so much like Elena—she is Elena's twin, after all—that Stefan has to do a double take. But he knows it's not Elena, because Elena hasn't been awake to dance on tabletops in a year.

"Stefan!" Rory cheers, throwing her arms around his neck. Stefan's a little surprised; the last time they saw each other, they weren't on the best terms. Rory was still in the process of forgiving him for what he did to her on Wickery Bridge, but Rory seems way too happy for him to break the news. "Oh my god—I can't believe you're here! Hi!"

A stranger wraps a feather boa around Rory's neck, causing her to giggle even louder. She loops her arm through Stefan's, tugging him through the crowds of people. She manages to find an empty seat a few ways away from the crowd, dropping herself into the empty seat across him. She tucks a hair behind her ear, sucking in a breath as she exhales and catches her breath.

"Hi," Rory finally says. Stefan scans her from head to toe. Rory looks the same as the last time he saw her—her hair is wavy, her doe eyes still big and lively. She still has the same carefree smile on her face that members of their friend group adore so much.

Rory Gilbert hasn't changed a bit.

"Hey," Stefan's lips upturn into a small smile. "Hi, Rory."

"What are you doing here?" she asked. Stefan was vaguely aware of the Phoenix mark still marring his skin, the blood almost bleeding through the bandages he wrapped around himself. "Not that I'm not happy to see you, of course. I just...you didn't let us know."

"I was actually hoping to talk to Klaus," Stefan responded truthfully. Rory placed a hand over a chest, a look of mock hurt on her face. "Not that I'm not happy to see you. I'm very happy to see you, and I'm glad that you're having fun...what's the occasion, by the way? Everyone seems to be in a festive mood."