𝟏𝟒

𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓﹙ 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏 ﹚࿐ ࿔ ✧˖*°▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓
﹙ 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏 ﹚
࿐ ࿔ ✧˖*°
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Rory wonders if heartbreak gets any easier. It's a reoccurring question in her mind that doesn't seem to be answered—she wonders if after so long of being in a body that's broken so many hearts, tore apart so many relationships, if it gets any simpler. She didn't love Dean in the way that he loved her, but she still loved him nonetheless. Both him and Sam were important in her growth in being her own person, yet they were both out of her lives within a few seconds. All it took was compelling away some memories and everything was just...gone.

She turns on her back, resting her head against the plush pillows. She feels a little lethargic today. It reminds her of when she used to take her medication. She doesn't know if it's the situation at hand finally weighing on her—the fact that she was selfish and tore apart a healthy relationship, the fact that she was alone in New Orleans, the fact that she had a hex on her that could set her off on a murderous rampage at any second. It's coming down at her all at once.

She presses her hands against her face, letting out a deep exhale. Just get through the day, Rory.

A knock sounds at her door. She turns to see Klaus stepping into her bedroom, closing the door behind him. "How are you feeling?" he asks, lowering himself to sit on the edge of the bed. He reaches forward, brushing a hair out of her face. "You look tired."

"That's what every girl wants to hear," Rory teases, slipping a hand under her pillow as she shifts her body to face him. She sighs. "I feel...I don't know. I feel weird. I am tired. Didn't really get much sleep last night."

"Is it because of..."

"I don't really want to talk about it," Rory interjects. Klaus nods, looking resigned. "What's on the agenda for today?"

"Ah, yes. I forgot to let you know—Finn is no longer our concern. Our...sister, Freya, kindly took him out of the equation. So you have nothing to fear," Klaus explains.

Rory frowns, lifting her hand to press her fingers against the mark burned into the back of her neck. "But what does that mean for the hex? It's still...it's still here."

"We'll get that sorted out, lovely. I promise," Klaus says, placing his hand on Rory's leg. "Davina has been busy lately. With Kol. So has Rebekah. I'm afraid it's all hands on deck for my brother at the current moment, so we're going to have to put a pin on that for the time being."

"That's fine. I understand," Rory sits up, running a hand through her hair in an attempt to tame the wayward strands. "Does Freya know anything about it, though?"

Klaus clears his throat. "Well, she's coming over for brunch."

Rory raises an eyebrow. "What is it with you and finding information through food?"