𝟎𝟑

𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓﹙ 𝒂𝒄𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆, 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆 ﹚࿐ ࿔ ✧˖*°▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓
﹙ 𝒂𝒄𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆, 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆 ﹚
࿐ ࿔ ✧˖*°
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

The safehouse that Hayley chose to reside in was quiet and quaint, away from most of the city life. It's much like the safehouse in Arkansas, but a lot nicer and a lot homier. By the time they actually arrive, it had broken night-time. Most of the people in the car were exhausted and simply happy to be home, Rory included. Though, the definition of home was a little rocky for her, because she didn't know if she still had a home within the Mikaelson family.

Sure, it's easy for her to think that she could easily be accepted back with open arms, but it never changed what she did—she made a decision that costed five years of Hope and Klaus' life as father and daughter, and she wouldn't exactly blame anybody if they didn't forgive her.

"Got any wine?" she hears Kai ask Hayley as the two of them pass by, making Rory's lips twitch into a small smile. There didn't seem to be any weird feelings surrounding the two of them, which she was glad for.

Rory drops her bag onto the chair nearest to her, shrugging off her coat. She feels a hand brush over her lower back, and she lifts her head to see Klaus gesturing for her to come with him. She spares the remaining members of the Mikaelson family a passing glance, following after the hybrid.

Klaus leads her all the way towards the end of the hall, where a singular door was placed. Rory's heart raced at the sign that was pinned upon the wood. Hope's Room.

"Nik..." Rory begins.

"Shh," Klaus places a finger against his lips as he slowly pushes the door inwards. "She's sleeping."

Rory's breath catches when she sees Hope Mikaelson sleeping in bed, her blanket tucked up to her chin. Her back is facing the two of them, the symbol of the Crescent pack imprinted onto her right shoulder. She looks so big, with long red hair curling down her back. Rory doesn't even remember the last time she had held Hope, but she knew that when she did, Hope didn't look like this.

"Oh," Rory breathes out as Klaus wraps his arms around her from behind. "She's beautiful."

Klaus presses a gentle kiss over the back over Rory's head. "I thought you'd want to see her," Klaus murmurs, brushing a tear that rolls down Rory's cheek away. He tucks a hair behind her ear. "I'm sure she'd love to meet her godmother when morning comes."

Rory exhales as she closes the door gently, making sure not to make any additional noise. When she turns around, Hayley's waiting for her at the end of the hall.

"Hey, you two," Hayley greets with a warm smile. She has a glass of wine in her hand, and Rory can vaguely hear Kai's cackling laughter from the living room. "Everyone's hanging out, but I don't think either of you are in the mood for Monopoly, so I'll show you to your room."