𝟏𝟐

𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓﹙ 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒍𝒗𝒆 ﹚࿐ ࿔ ✧˖*°▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓
﹙ 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒍𝒗𝒆 ﹚
࿐ ࿔ ✧˖*°
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

            In terms of everything that's come to light lately, a wedding in the Mikaelson household is something that Rory least expected. Nevertheless, she finds that it's the only relation to normalcy that she has. Finn, as it turns out, has found out Elijah's location. Thankfully, Hope remains safe, Cami is still alive, and Elijah got free with all his limbs somewhat attached. Given the circumstances, she thinks it's the best result.

"Hey," Hayley's voice comes from the doorway, making Rory turn around with a slightly startled look on her face. The brunette is wearing a smile that looks a little too grim for a woman on her wedding day, though Rory doesn't blame her—her daughter's life has constantly been in danger and she must be losing her mind over it. "Can I come in?"

"Of course," Rory pushes away from the windowsill she's leaning against, crossing her arms over her chest. "It's not exactly... my room, so."

Hayley sits at the edge of Rory's bed, placing her palms against her thighs. "Listen, Rory, I want to... I want to say thank you,"

"For what?"

"I heard what happened yesterday. With Finn. He tried to find Hope and you... you blocked him out the best you could," Hayley wrings her fingers nervously. "And I want to thank you for not being angry at Hope because... because of what happened."

"I'm not going to be angry at a baby, Hayley," Rory rolls her eyes as she sits down next to the hybrid. "And you don't have to thank me. I've always... I've always wanted a daughter. And just because I can't have one, it doesn't mean you shouldn't be able to be happy with your own."

"I just don't get how you're not angry at me," Hayley responds, frowning. "I'd be furious."

Rory gnaws on her bottom lip, exhaling. "I was furious. For a really, really long time. Don't think that I wasn't. It was really tiring, you know? Hating people, looking for revenge. It's draining. And I remember someone told me that looking for revenge consumes them," Rory gives Hayley a meaningful look, a small smile on her face. "I was angry with you, and then I wasn't. I think... I think so much has happened to me already and I've lost so many people that I just want to be grateful for the few I still know."

Hayley smiles at Rory, her fingers playing at her bottom lip nervously. "You know, Rebekah's technically Hope's godmother, but... I kinda found out about the fact that you two had a thing,"

"You mean that we slept together?" Rory asks.

"Pretty much. She was pretty open about it. Kind of braggy, really," Hayley leans back on her hands. "And, you know... Hope doesn't have to have just one godmother."