𝟎𝟒

𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓﹙ 𝒂𝒄𝒕 𝒕𝒘𝒐, 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓 ﹚࿐ ࿔ ✧˖*°▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓
﹙ 𝒂𝒄𝒕 𝒕𝒘𝒐, 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓 ﹚
࿐ ࿔ ✧˖*°
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Rory feels like she's trapped inside her own body. The eyes that she stares into when she meets her reflection—she doesn't know if it's really her. When she looks down at her hands, they no longer shake. Her body doesn't tremble; her bones don't feel so brittle. She doesn't know who she is when she's not trembling. Her gaze diverts towards the golden ring fitted snugly around her finger. It's clean, shined, polished—just like every member of the Strix are.

Welcome to the Strix.

She can't believe her impulsive decision had pushed her into this corner—she can't believe that this is what she's been reduced to. Feeding on people as an initiation to a congregation of vampires probably ten times her age because they found the way she lost control over her bloodlust fascinating.

Stupid. She was stupid. She is stupid.

She places her elbows against the table of her vanity, her fingers tangling itself into her hair. She tugs on the strands just to ensure that she's still there—that she's not floating out into the void somewhere. She feels like it—she feels like nothing she does is properly registering. She feels out of it and trapped in her own body at the same time.

And she's been here before. She's been here multiple times, and she doesn't know when the cycle is going to break. She's lost control so many times that she doesn't know how long it's going to take before she runs out of excuses for herself.

Maybe she's just a terrible person.

"Roro," Kai's knuckles wrap against her doorway as he enters her bedroom. He closes the door behind him, placing his hands against the back of her chair. "Rory, you okay?"

"I don't..." Rory trails off. She sighs, lowering her hands back against the dresser. She meets Kai's gaze in the mirror. "I don't know."

"Klaus is worried about you. Maybe you should go talk to him?" Kai inquires.

"I don't really want to talk to anyone right now, Kai," Rory says quietly. "I'm just... I'm not really feeling up for it."

Kai gnaws on his bottom lip. He's really the only one that's been granted access into Rory's room since she returned, shutting the two Mikaelson brothers out for the time being. For once, she didn't want to be followed by someone that had to do with the Original family. Kai was her friend. He's someone that's solely here because of her, not because of Klaus and not because of Elijah. She wants something to tie her to herself—someone to tie her home.

"Well, I'll be here all day. Literally—I have nowhere else to go," Kai shrugs, sitting on the edge of the bed. He leans against his arms, crossing one leg over the other. "And don't think I forgot that you totally bailed on our Halloween plans to go eat people at that stupid ball without me."