Part 1

In my past life, I was Kim in-hye and lived in Korea. I was going to graduate from xxx university but one night before my graduation. I got into a traffic accident. As I woke up, I realized that I was inside a novel I heard before. The novel was called "A Happy Ever After" The story was about a beautiful girl named Rose who was engaged to the crown prince named Earl but he fell in love with a beautiful heroine named Samantha. Due to jealousy, Rose begins bullying her and that is when her life begins to fall. She was executed and killed while the heroine was able to get all the men to fell in love with her and lived happily ever after.

I should at least be the heroine right...

but.

"My lady. You should head downstairs to eat breakfast with your majesty. " she said after finishing getting me ready.

"Okay," I said. I got up and went out of my room.

As I was walking down the hallway to the dining room...

I'm inside the novel as Lady Rose!! The villainess in the novel.

- dining room-

I opened the door and saw my family waiting for me. They saw me and smiled.

"Oh, Rosie! You are here!" my father said.

My father was the king of Mansfield.

"Come on and eat with us!" my mother said.

My mother was the queen.

"Hurry up or I will eat them," my older brother said.

My older brother, James, was the next in line of being the king.

After the rumor spread about Rose bullying the heroine, her family's reputation went downhill. They didn't give her any money no matter how much she begs, they even became the laughing stock to other nobles but in the end, they also died. Just like she did.

As I was thinking of that, my face became sad.

"Rosie?' What's wrong?" my father said.

"oh, it's nothing," I said smiling.

I went to my seat and grabbed my utensil and ate my breakfast elegantly. Everyone was shocked.

I look up and notice something wrong. "Is something the matter?" I asked.

My father clears his throat.

"well, we are just shocked to see you eat so elegantly and well-mannered."

Oh, that's right. Rose didn't know any manners from the novel.

"Oh, I thought it would be nice to learn some manners since I am a princess" I smile nervously.

"Well, it's a good thing that you are." my mother said.

"After all, you are going to get married," she said excitedly.

I smile. 

 While they were still engaged, he fell in love with the heroine and made her heart shatter. She was boiling jealous and decided to bully the heroine to get his attention but that didn't work. He was annoyed by Rose. He annulled his engagement and asked to execute her the next day.

Wow, what a sad life she had.

 I should avoid that from happening as soon as possible. 

She looked at her parents

Should I tell my parents that I don't want to marry Earl? What if they get mad at me? 

I gulp. I should at least try, right?

"Um, father. Mother? I want to say something important about my engagement."

"Oh sure, honey," they said.

"Um... well,"  I said nervously. 

"I want to annul my engagement with Earl," I said.

They were shocked by my comment. 

" But why did you tell me that you wanted to marry him." my father said.

"Yes, but I changed my mind," I said.

"And who are you going to marry instead?" they asked.

"Maybe no one does," my brother said.

"Richard, don't say that about your sister." my mother scolded him.

"Yes, mother," he said while continuing to eat his foods.

"So, who are you going to marry?" he said angrily.

I can see the hot flames surrounding him. I knew he would be mad.

"Don't worry, I will let you know by a week," I said trying to avoid him being angrier. 

He sighs.

"Alright, I will give you five days to choose a husband," he said.

"But if you failed, you will marry Prince Earl" he continues. 

"Thank you for understanding, papa!," I said smiling. 

He smiles back and continues eating their breakfast. 

I was glad to have that off my chest. Now I feel a bit relieved that I told my parents my opinion. No matter what happens, I will not get a bad ending!  I thought to determine to do well. 

-admin's note- 

Hi, I hope you enjoy this short chapter. Please remember that I made this story for fun. I wasn't planning on making this story public but I guess it wouldn't hurt, right. You can tell just how much I read isekai novels and manga. I would appreciate it if you send me some recommendations. Thank you!!!