Part 2

After breakfast, I went to my room and got ready for the day. They help me took a nice bath and combed my hair. 

"Can you give me some tea, please?" I asked Emily.

She nodded. When she came back, she was about to place the cup on the table , but she dropped it and shattered it into pieces. I looked at her.

She was scared.

Oh no, she is going to yell at me.

"Are you okay, Emily?" I asked, smiling.

HUh?!

"Yes, my lady," she said shaking. 

I looked at her hand. It wasn't bleeding or anything. She probably expected me to yell and punish her as the old Rose did.

"Next time, please be careful" I smile brightly.

"Clean it up and give me another cup," I said.

She nodded and headed to the kitchen and brought a new one. Josie cleans up the shattered teacup. I drink my tea while the maids continue dressing me. I was thinking about the deal me and my father discussed today.

If I don't find one by five days, I will have no choice but to marry Earl.

NOOOOO! I don't want that. I said while slamming my head on the table multiple times.

My lady is acting weird. (Emily thinking)

I will find a perfect man for me!!!

Wait, like many novels, the villainess would usually sign a contract with a male lead or a duke so they won't have a bad ending. Maybe I should do that.

"Hey, Emily. Do you know any duke from any nation?" I asked.

"Well, yeah. There Duke Robert," she said while brushing my hair.

Oh. So there really is a duke. I thought while having a sparkle face. 

"Yeah, but I heard he is a ruthless man." Nobles would never try to mess with him or either try to talk to him"

"I also heard that his family all died when he was little," Josie said.

According to the novel, Duke Robert is the male lead. So of course, he was popular. Many ladies would try to flirt with him or ask to marry him but he just gave them his cold gaze. He even killed his own family just to gain the crown. The news spread quickly and was known as the "ruthless tyrant". After the news spread, many nobles were scared to approach him because they were scared that he would kill them. 

I see. Maybe I should sign a contract with him.

"Hey, do you know where he lives?" I asked.

"I believe he lives in the South." Why did you ask?... Wait, don't tell me. " she said shocked.

"Yeah, I will sign a contract with the duke," I said smiling.

"Are you sure that's a good idea, my lady?" Emily said.

"Don't worry, I will be fine," I said smiling.

I read a lot of novels similar to this situation. So I think I'm prepared. Maybe he is handsome but ruthless. Or a womanizer, someone who marries me for political reasons, or maybe he will fall in love with me.

I cover my face from being embarrassed.

"Okay, Emily. Call for the carriage for me."

"Let's meet the duke," I said standing up, being determined.