Part 11

-dinner time- 

"So how was the social gathering?" he asked while taking a sip of wine.

"It was fine," I said smiling.

"I see," he said while drinking his wine.

I can't tell him what I said to the others. It would be embarrassing and he's going to tease me if I did say that.

He looked at me silently.

"Well, I'm glad you had fun," he said, continuing to eat his meals.

"Yes," I said back.

I was in my room after a nice bath. I was still wearing my robe while sitting down reading the book I bought from earlier.

Tomorrow I have a lesson with a tutor which means I might have to wake up early.

I looked up and noticed that I was the only one in the bedroom.

I wonder when he is going to sleep. I didn't see him all day, he's probably still working hard.

I thought while laying down my head on the table.

Wait, why am I thinking about the duke? I shouldn't be thinking like this at all. Why am I acting strange when it is about your majesty.

I paused and thought for a while.

Am I falling in love with him?

I blushed while thinking about that comment. My heart was beating so fast and my face became red. I ran to the bed, covering my face against the pillow. I faced the side.

No way!

-next day-

I was sitting at the table with my tutor. His name was Kane.

He taught me etiquette and culture. He even taught me dancing and embroidery.

It was fun but I was super exhausted. I went to the garden for a little break. As I was walking through the garden, I heard a voice behind me.

"Hey!" 

I jolted.

I heard a lady's voice. I turn around and see an angry lady standing there.

"Are you the duke's wife?" she said.

"Yes, I am? And may I ask who you are." I responded.

She stared at me up and down. She smiled.

Did this lady just make fun of me?

"I can't believe the duke would marry such a dull girl like you," she said smiling.

"He should marry me instead since I'm beautiful," she said while flipping her hair.

Tsk.

"Then you should have married him, but wait. He married me instead." I said smiling.

After saying that comment, she was angry.

"Maybe you just aren't the duke's ideal type." I continue while smirking.

"Tsk! You think just because you're the duke's wife that you can act all high and mighty!" she said furiously.

"I will beat the shit out of you!" she said, raising her hand to slap my face. I close my eyes.

As she was going to slap me, we heard a voice.

"What is going on?" the duke said.

"Duke!!" she said happily. 

She stopped and ran to the duke, bumped into me causing me to fall.

She linked arms with the duke, pressing her breast against his arm.

I looked and became angry. I got up and brushed the dirt off my dress.

"Your majesty, your wife was trying to harass me," she said weeping.

This bitch.

"I didn't do anything to her. She is the one who harassed me." I said.

"She told me that I shouldn't marry your majesty so I told her to marry you but I told her that my husband wouldn't want to marry such an ugly lady."

He heard me call him "husband"

"My duke! She called me "ugly," she said while continuing to weep.

he smiled.

"My wife is much more beautiful than you anyways," he said.

"Huh?" she said.

"You heard me," he said while letting go of her and approached me.

"My wife is as beautiful as she is. And I wouldn't marry anyone else but her," he said looking at me, smiling.

I blushed.

"So leave. Or I cut your head off," he said.

She flinched and ran away.

What did you just say?

"Your face is red," he said.

I looked up.

"My face isn't red at all!" I said yelling.

"Why are you screaming then?" he said calmly.

"I'm not!" I said while speed walking away.

He smiled as I walked away.

So embarrassing!! He didn't have to say things like that. I felt like my heart was going to explode.

I stopped.

Maybe I am in love with him?

I thought while still blushing.

NOOOOO!!!

I went inside the mansion and continued my studies. I couldn't focus at all. I could only think about what happened in the garden.

How am I going to face him during dinner or bedtime!!???

I thought while staring at the window.

I sigh.

If I did tell him I liked him, he is going to reject me, right?

I lay down my head on the table facing down.

I don't want to feel like that again.