Part 15

I went through the town with Joel to buy a gift for his majesty. I went to a wine store and carefully picked a good one. After I went to a bakery, I bought a piece of cake too. As we went to the carriage, I looked at the present and smiled. Joel stares at me and smiles too. We made it to the mansion. I rushed out and went to his workplace. I knock on the door.

"Yes, who is it?" he asked.

"It's me, your majesty," I responded.

"Come in," he said.

I open the door and see him sitting down, working. I hid the present behind me.

"Is there something you need?" he asked.

"Um...well..." I said nervously.

"I want to give you something in return," I said.

I place it on his table.

"It's a present for you," I said.

He opened it. He saw a bottle of wines and a piece of cake. He got up and kissed my forehead.

"Thank you, wife," he said smiling.

I blushed.

"You're welcome!" I responded.

"Let's eat some cake and drink some wine," he said.

I nod and we eat some cake and drink some wine. We talked and laughed.

This is how it should be for now on. We talk and spend quality time together like a married couple. I was scared to admit it but.... I love him. I want to be with him forever. Will he feel the same way too?

After a few days, I was in the room and reading my novels. Maria knocked on the door and went inside.

"My lady, there is a guest waiting for you," she said.

Guest? Who could it be?

I went to the guest room. I opened the door and was shocked by the sudden surprise. She got up and bowed.

"Hello, Lady Rose," she said smiling.