Part 20

Everyone was watching us from afar.

They must all think we are in love with each other but in reality, I only love this man.

"I'm planning on having a nice dinner with you tonight," he said.

"It would be great if you wear it during our dinner," he said smiling.

I nodded. "Okay, your majesty" I responded.

He left to go back to his workplace. Joseph followed him.

"Your majesty," he said. He stopped. Duke was blushing.

"God, I didn't think she would look that beautiful," he said.

Joseph smiled.

It was time for dinner. I got ready and wore the dress his majesty gave me. I went downstairs to the carriage and saw him waiting for me. He helped me up the carriage and went to a fancy restaurant. I linked my arm into him as we entered the restaurant.

"Welcome, your majesty," the waiter said while bowing.

"I will show you your table," he said. He shows us our table and we follow him. As we were walking through, I heard people gossiping about us. We made it to our table and we sat down. He already ordered our food and some wine.

"Is this restaurant okay with you?" he asked.

I nodded. "Yes," I said with a big smile.

"Good. I'm glad you like it" he said smiling back.

Our foods had arrived and so did our wine. We chat and eat and have a great time.

It was the best birthday I ever had. In the past, I usually only celebrated by myself since my parents are too busy with work to spend my birthday. But right now, even though it isn't really my birthday, I am still really happy to spend time with someone I loved.

I smiled and was very happy.

The next day, my maid came to the room and said that there was a guest waiting for me. I walked to the waiting room as I opened the door, I saw a young man sitting down.

"Oh, Lady Rose!" he said smiling.

"It's good to see you again," he continued.

"Hm? Who are you again?" I said, confused.

He was dumbfounded.

"It's me, Eric." We met at the bookstore." he said.

I try to remember who this guy is. After some thinking, I started to remember him.

He that guy that wasn't from the novel

"Oh, yes. I remember now." I said.

"Really? That makes me very happy" he said happily.

"So, why are you here?" I asked.

"Well, I thought it would be nice to hang out with you," he said.

"I see..." How did you know I was here?" I asked.

"I saw you during the ball that night," he said.

"Honestly, I was shocked that you married your majesty," he continued.

"Oh, I see.." I said.

We chatted for a very long time.

I never had a friend before, so talking to Eric made me happy. Hopefully, we continue to be friends.

He left the mansion after our long talk.

I think he will come again tomorrow. I will prepare for some sweets and tea.

The next day, I woke up super early and started preparing for today. As I was preparing, I was smiling like a little kid. After he arrived and we continued our talk from yesterday.

We went outside to the carriage for Eric to go home.

"Goodbye, m' lady" I will visit tomorrow," he said waving at me.

"Okay, please have a safe trip" I responded while waving back at him.

I sigh. What a great day!

The sun was setting and it was time to get ready for bed. After, I sit down on the chair and wait for his majesty to come. I heard the door turned and saw his majesty there. I get up and approach him.

"Your majesty," I said happily.

I noticed that he didn't look happy.

"What wrong?" I asked.

"That boy," he responded.

"Who was that boy?" he asked, angrily.

I flinched a little.

"He is my friend," I responded.

He grabbed my wrist tightly.

"Why are you friends with that boy?" he asked.

"Your majesty, you are hurting me!" I said while being in pain.

"Why can't I befriend someone?" I scream

"Because you don't need to," he screamed back.

I started to be scared. I never saw him this angry before. I just don't get why he is being so angry! That's right. I'm married to Duke Robert!

I snap my arm away from him

"Why would you care? You're not my real husband!" I yelled.

He stopped.

I realize what I just say to him. I look at him and he seems to be frowning a little. 

"You are right. I'm not your husband. "

"And for now, you can spend time on whoever you want," he said then slam the door from behind.

I plop into the ground.

Why did I say that? That is not what I meant!

I begin to shed tears.

I love you!