Part 62

Ever since that day, Lady Eve has been accompanying me every day. We would have nice comfortable chats and eat sweets while drinking tea. Somehow, I think this isn't a trick.

After hours of chatting, Lady Eve has to head home. We walked outside and saw her carriage waiting. I hugged her goodbye and she went inside her carriage to head home.

Robert was standing at the window, looking at us while we said our goodbye.

"Your majesty?" Joseph asked.

"Joseph, why is Lady Eve accompanying In-hye?" he asked.

"I don't know, ever since the first day she visited, Lady In-hye seemed to enjoy it, " Joseph answered.

"I think she's planning something," I said.

Joseph agreed. "That could be true."

"How about you try to dig up some information and report to me immediately," I said.

Joseph nodded and walked out of the room.

I was called by his majesty to meet him in his office. I walked there, following Joel. We made it to his office and Joel opened the door for me so I could enter the room. I walked in and he closed the door behind me.

"Robert, you called for me?" I asked.

He nodded.

"In-hye" Robert said

"Hm" I answer.

"I heard that Lady Eve has been accompanying you these days," Robert said.

"Don't you think it suspicious?" he asked.

I open my mouth. "Well...."

It was night and the moon was bright. In a room, Lady Samatha was sitting on a couch across from Lady Eve.

"So...how did it go?" Samatha asked.

"Well, my lady" she responded.

"Good. Here something for you" she said while handing her something.

Lady Eve grabs it. "What is this?" she asked while looking at it.

"It's poison... " she answered.

"What?..."

"When the time is right, we will poison her and his majesty will have no choice but to marry me..." she said, sinsterly. She was maniacally laughing.

"But are you sure that this is going to work?" Lady Eve asked.

"Of course it will...but if it doesn't I have another way," she responded.