Part 7

-the next morning- 

I woke up and found that he wasn't here. 

I guess he went to work. 

I heard a knock and a maid came in.

"Hi, my name is Maria. I will be your maid for now on," she said while bowing.

"Nice to meet you, Maria," I said smiling.

I bathed, they comb my hair, dress me up and style my hair. I was wearing a beautiful long dress with a floral pattern on it.

I went out and had breakfast with Duke Robert. 

He was finished. 

"I'm done now so I will finish my work," he said while standing up and left the room. 

I was also finished eating and decided to read my book to the garden.

-garden-

I was reading my book peacefully. 

As I was reading, I realized that I was almost finished with my novel.

"Awe, man. I'm done reading this novel" I said sadly.

I suddenly got an idea. 

-inside-

Duke Robert was still working. I knocked on the door.

"Who is it?" he asked.

"It's your wife, your majesty," I said

"I see. You can come in," he said.

I open the door.

"Is there something you want?" he said coldly.

"um...I was thinking of going to town to buy more books." I said.

"And I was thinking if you want to come as well." I continue.

He smiled "Sure. I don't mind"

"Really?" I said happily.

We went to the carriage and drove into town. 

A few mins, the carriage stop.

"My majesty, we are here," Joel said.

Joel was one of Duke Robert's personal guard.

Duke Robert went out first and handed out his hand. I grabbed his hand and went out of the carriage. The cold breeze blew through town.

I was so happy to be out of town.

"Wow! It's so crowded here." I said happily.

Duke Robert stared at me.

"Your majesty! Let's have some fun!" I said and linked my arm with him.

We walked together. It was so crowded and the children were running around.

I suddenly found the bookstore.

"Your majesty, I want to go there," I said pointing at the store.

He nodded and we went inside.

"Hi, welcome to my bookstore." a counter lady said.

"yes, hi. I was wondering if you have any novels?" I asked.

She nodded. 

"yes, they are over there," she said while pointing to the left.

"Thank you," I said smiling.

I went to the left side of the store and found the section for novels. I grab a few books that seem interesting to me. I turn around and see Duke Robert standing there.

I scream "oh my gward"

"You scare me," I said.

"Are you going to buy all of that?" he asked.

"Yeah, why do you ask?" I said

"Then I will pay for it!" he said.

He placed a huge amount of money on the counter. The lady drooled and her eyes sparkled.

I was shocked.

"Um...your majesty. You don't have to pay for me. I can do it myself" I said

"Why, I should at least pay for something my wife wants, right?" he said while his face was close to mine.

Wife? I blushed a little by the sudden words.

"There's no need to be embarrassed," he said.

"I-iam is not embarrassed,'' I said screaming.

"I have my own money, I can pay for myself," I said.

"No, I insist," he said.

"I can pay for it," I said.

But in the end, he paid for it.

I sigh.

"Let's go to a cafe nearby," he said smiling.

So we went to a cafe and ate sweets. I ate a piece of cake and it was so delicious. Duke Robert only had tea. Then we went shopping and bought a lot of cool outfits and ate a lot of street foods too. But the sun was setting and it was time to go home. We went inside the carriage and went home. I was staring at the window, smiling. 

I had a lot of fun today. Maybe we can do this more often in the future. Wait for what? Snap out of your mind. I'm not really his wife.

I continue staring at the window, feeling a bit down.

After this is over, we will never see each other again and treat each other like strangers. He will probably fall in love with a different woman. But why does it make my heartache?

We made it home and I got ready for bed. I lay down in the bed facing the left side. I stare at the empty spot.

Even though he had a lot of work to do, he still hung out with me. Why does that make me happy? I wonder if he had a great time too? 

I closed my eyes and went to sleep.

Duke Robert enters the bedroom and sees Rose sleeping soundly. I lay down in the bed facing Rose's sleeping face. I stare at it and I gently stroke her face. 

"I have fun. Thank you" I said smiling.