Part 61

"What brings you here, lady Eve?" I said.

"I...want to apologize," she said.

What? Apologize? For what?

"Why do you want to apologize?"

I look at her. She was shaking and fidgeting a little as she was nervous. In the original novel, Lady Eve is always confident! But now, she likes a scared cat not wanting to take a bath.

"I want to apologize about what happened before. At the gathering?" she said.

Oh, I remember now. You made fun of me because I was his lord's wife and you weren't.

"Yes, I remember." I commented.

"Yeah, so I was thinking...maybe we can be friends...." she asked, hesitantly.

Friend? Why does she want to befriend me? In the original novel, Lady Eve couldn't care less about Lady Rose. She thought of her as a nuisance...

It might be a trick so I have to stay guard...

"It's not a trick." she commented.

"What?" how did she know I was thinking that?

"Listen, I know that you and I aren't on good terms but I want to change that. I heard that Lady Samantha was trying to take his lord away from you and I pity you." she said.

"I have no interest in his lord anymore." she continued.

She put her hand up and other hands on her heart, stating that she was telling the truth.

I thought for a moment and decided to believe in her.

"Okay, I believe in you." I said.

Her face lit up like a dog just received a new toy.

Lady Eve entered a workplace where Prince Eric and Lady Samatha were staying at the moment. I bow down and greet his majesty. His desk was filled with a lot of paperwork.

"So...how was it?" he asked.

"I think it's going well. She didn't expect a thing," she answered.

"Good," he said. Lady Samatha was also pleased.

"Now, it's time for step 2," she said, smiling evilly