•|Senpai + Prophecy|•

Some time had passed and all four of the first years were warmly welcomed into the team.

Tsukishima Kei. Yamaguchi Tadashi. Kageyama Tobio. Hinata Shoyo.

These were only a few of the names you were expected to remember. To be very honest, you were pretty confident about names and faces.

As for the upperclassmen there was...

Sawamura Daichi. Sugawara Koshi. Azumane Asahi (who you had yet to meet).

Nishinoya Yu (who you've only heard Tanaka speak highly of). Tanaka Ryunosuke. Ennoshita Chikara. Kinoshita Hisashi. Narita Kazuhito.

It was interesting to see this combination of personalities get along. Obviously everyone was very rowdy, but you would eventually get used to their liveliness.

A few days ago the Volleyball Club Advisor, Takeda Ittetsu, had announced that Aoba Johsai High School was agreeing to a practice match with Karasuno.

Now this was a big deal. It had been awhile since Karasuno had ANY practice matches.

Some members were scared and others were excited, but there was one person who worried you.

"Are you sure you're okay, Sugawara-san?" You sat next to him on the gym floor. He was taking a water break.

Aoba Johsai demanded that Kageyama be the setter for the whole match, and this was basically leaving Sugawara, a third year, on the bench.

From what you could tell, Sugawara was definitely a laid-back character, but it must have been frustrating to be pushed aside so soon into the season.

"Do I seem so pitiful that my underclassman has to worry-" He began to joke.

"You're not pitiful." You stated bluntly. Your eyes bore holes into his brown ones. He could tell that you were serious. "You're not pitiful because even though you heard Aoba Johsai's unreasonable request, you took it like a champ and agreed."

The third year was so shocked that he capped his water bottle to buy him time to think up a response. For some reason, you seemed very mature to him. He couldn't believe that you were a first year.

"If anything, you're really strong for being selfless." You shot him a small smile.

"We're moving onto the second set, Suga!" One of the other teammates had announced.

"Leave the water bottles here." You told the team as you stood up, pointing to the spot you were previously sitting. "Shimizu-san and I are going to fill them up."

"I still have water left!" Hinata yelled from the opposite side of the gymnasium. He was definitely a hilarious character.

"Go leave it there anyways, shrimp." Tsukishima clicked his tongue. "Shorty's gonna fill it, might as well."

"S-Shorty again?" You furrowed your brows at the tall male's nickname for you. "Call me by my name, Kei."

"You can take mine." Sugawara was still sitting on the floor. He held out his familiar yellow water bottle to you.

"I will." You nodded, taking the plastic container and helping him stand at the same time. "Good luck with practice, Sugawara-san."

"'Suga-senpai' is fine, try it." The gray-haired male patted your head affectionately. His sudden words made your cheeks turn pink. You couldn't remember the last time you called anyone '-senpai'.

He didn't know why but he seemed drawn to you.

"Huh?" Tanaka noticed this small moment that the two of you were having and walked right over. "Call me Senpai too!" He declared with anticipation plastered on his face.