•|Alone + Jealousy|•

"And now we finally get to relax~!" You sighed out of relief as you entered the large pool of water.

It was January fourth, the day before the Spring Tournament, and Karasuno safely made it to Tokyo. While the boys were having their usual talk with Coach Ukai and Takeda-sensei, the girls were able to enjoy the bath.

"You're done washing up already?!" Yachi's eyes grew wide as she scrubbed her body. "That was fast!"

"I have to pay for water and electricity at the apartment, so I usually take quick showers." You informed her. "I only soak on good occasions."

Shimizu chuckled at this. "Good occasions?"

"Like my birthday or New Years!" You perked up, resting your arms on the ledge behind you.

The veteran manager was the second to enter the bath. She came and sat beside you.

You stared at her body line.

"Shimizu, you're curvy~" A smirk befell your features. "Ryu's lucky."

"Eh? Tanaka-san?!" Yachi almost fell out of her chair at the sudden news.

The female blushed and you nudged her with your elbow.

"So?" You wiggled an eyebrow. "Made any progress?"

Shimizu submerged her chin underwater. "Negative."

At this point, Yachi had joined in.

The three of you chatted about various things, and eventually the topic ran to...

"Hey (Name)." The blonde warranted your attention by fidgeting. "I hear a lot of rumors about you going around."

You laughed at her obvious nervousness. "I don't care for rumors, but tell me."

"All of it?" She fiddled with her thumbs.

"All of it." You smiled. "I'll clear them right up."

The first rumor she brought up was about you dating Azumane. She overheard some of the upperclassmen talking about it and thought, 'no way!'

You simply explained to her that it was related to the Terushima Yuuji incident. Shimizu was just surprised that you had so much going on in your life.

"More importantly, do you have a boyfriend?!" If Yachi was a dog, you could visualize her tail wagging vigorously right now.

"I do not."

"Then who did you end up taking a photo with?" She asked.

You debated telling them, but figured that since they weren't blabber mouths, it would be okay.

"Only Captain knows about this so far, but Ushijima Wakatoshi is a childhood friend of mine." You kept your voice low in case someone was close by. "I asked him."

Shimizu's amazed expression, and Yachi's dumbfounded one were exact opposites.

"Ehhhh?!" The blonde's imagination was running wild.

"You know a lot of people." Shimizu admitted.

The first day she met you, you were already familiar with Tanaka. Then there was Tsukishima. Adding Ushijima Wakatoshi to the mix was even more amazing.

"I'm very much a people person." You informed them. "When I was younger, I hated being alone."

"I feel you though." Yachi nodded, empathizing completely.

"I've always been alone." Shimizu blurted.

The two of you stared at her with wide eyes.

"Oh!" She covered her mouth. "I didn't mean to bring down the mood or-"

You wrapped your arms around the third year. "You have us now Shimizu!"

"Yeah!" Yachi joined in on the hug.

Shimizu's eyes were glossing over. She laid her arms around your bare backs. "I'm so glad you guys are here."

As the night went on, the three of you continued to chat.

You learned that Shimizu was once a track and field runner, and that Yachi's mom was a graphic designer.

~*~*~

"I-it's finally here!" You gulped nervously as you stared at the crowd of volleyball players in front of you.

"I think you mean, we're finally here." Tsukishima corrected you. "The stadium isn't going anywhere."

You frowned at his smartass tendencies. "As long as you got the gist of it, it's fine."

Just then, you witnessed Tanaka walking off and realized that he was talking to some girl.

"What?" You glanced at the male—and then at his admirer who was watching him from afar.

Shimizu silently processed the situation before her. You felt bad that she was bearing witness to something so irritating.

Yes, jealousy is irritating.

You experienced it in the states when your cousins were able to go out but you were forced to stay home and tend to the house.

It was a dark time.

But that was all in the past now.

The only dark times you were having now were related to sleep—sleeping in the dark.

"Shimi-" You were about to call out to her when you heard someone call out to you.

"Hey, hey, hey!"

It was definitely Bokuto.

"Lil' manager!" The male smiled widely.

"Hi Bokuto-san." You greeted him, and quickly took note of the male who was usually standing beside him. "Hi Akaashi-san."

"Hi." He briefly waved his hand.

Just then, something popped into your mind. You ran up to Akaashi and boldly held his hands within your own.

His blue orbs widened at the sudden action.

"Thank you so much for the holiday gift! I loved it!" You figured that now would be the best time to show your gratitude.

"I'm glad you enjoy it." He gave you a small smile.

"Where did you find that picture of us anyway?" You asked curiously.

"One of our managers was taking pictures in order to document the training camp but forgot to have everyone sign the photo-consent forms." He explained. "As she was getting rid of the pictures, I managed to save that one."

"I'm glad you did."

That was probably the most Akaashi had ever spoken to you.

Before both of you knew it, Bokuto was missing.

At this time, you realized that you were still holding the male's hands.

"I-I'm so sorry." You immediately released him.

"No." The male reassured you. "It's fine."

"I'm positive you'll find Bokuto-san relatively quickly." You chuckled as you heard the owl-like male manically laugh.

"I wasn't too worried about losing him." The male laughed light heartedly.

The two of you found Bokuto speaking enthusiastically to Hinata.

You glanced down at your phone to see multiple angry texts from the captain and tapped Hinata's shoulder.

"They're looking for us." You informed him.

"Ah! Okay!" The orange-haired boy nodded. "Bye Bokuto-san!" Hinata waved.

"See you both another time." You followed the boy's action and began walking off.

The Fukurodani males began walking in the opposite direction.

"Did you ask her out?" The older asked curiously.

Akaashi sighed. "No, Bokuto-san."