•|Bet + Work|•

It was the night before the qualifiers for the Spring Tournament... and you were having another one of those dreams. The one with the left-handed boy.

"See you later." The olive-haired boy waved as he took the volleyball with him. "I'll come back tomorrow, Little."

"Bye, Big." You waved in response as you headed in the opposite direction.

Tears streamed down your face as you walked away. Your brother was leaving for Tokyo tomorrow and that meant you were being sent to the States.

You didn't get the chance to tell your friend that you were leaving and for some reason it made you very sad.

When you woke up the next morning, tears were streaming down your face.

"'Little', huh?" You placed your forearm over your eyes. "That's a cute nickname."

~*~*~

"Hey cutie!"

You froze up at the sound of the familiar voice.

From what you could tell, it was Terushima Yuuji from Johzenji High.

Karasuno's first competitor of the day.

Since the last time you saw him, he definitely followed through with his words. It was you who didn't.

"You never texted me back, cutie~!" The male whined. "Even a little 'Hi' would have been enough."

He came and stood right in front of you.

You averted your gaze. "I'm sorry, I didn't realize that was you." It was an obvious lie.

"Hmmm." The boy nodded. "Then let's make a bet!"

You furrowed your brows. "A bet?"

"Yeah! Just to make the match a little more fun." He held up his index finger as he proposed the conditions. "If Karasuno wins, you don't have to go on a date with me, but you have to text me back. If Karasuno loses, you have to go on at least five dates with me."

Thinking about the conditions, it was obvious that you were at a disadvantage.

"Don't do it, (Name)!" Tanaka wedged himself between you and Terushima. He was growling at the blonde.

"Fine." You nodded.

"What did I just tell you?!"

The blonde stared at you with interested eyes.

You gave him a Kuroo-like grin. "Just know that I don't ever lose bets Terushima-san." You informed him.

You grabbed Tanaka by the back of his collar and dragged him along with the rest of the group.

"Let's go, Ryu." You left with a smile.

Tanaka released himself from your grip and ran to the other members, telling them about what he just witnessed.

"We're gonna win!" Sugawara yelled confidently.

"Yeah!" Hinata went along with it even though he didn't understand what was actually happening.

"Stop fraternizing with the enemy." Tsukishima poked your side with his elbow.

"I wasn't." You insisted, poking him right back. "He was coming on to me."

With that short exchange, you accompanied Yachi to Karasuno's cheering section.

After warmups, the game began, and two-thirds of the way through the first set, you witnessed Kageyama block a spike with his face.