•|Announcement + Boyfriend|•

It was your first day back from Tokyo and things were already changing.

"Today we'll be measuring some things for pamphlets today." Shimizu informed you and Yachi after school.

"Oh!" The blonde-haired girl's eyes lit up. "Like vertical jump and height and stuff?"

"We should measure ourselves too!" You suggested. "It's no fair if the boys are the only ones having all the fun."

Shimizu thought for a second and agreed. It wouldn't hurt to participate every now and then.

Since the three managers arrived at the room first, the three of you took turns measuring one another.

"149.7cm!" You announced for Yachi.

"166.2cm!" Yachi declared Shimizu's height.

You took a deep breath and allowed for the bar to tap your head.

"A-Actually don't tell me my height." You poked your fingers together nervously. "I don't want to know."

Yachi and Shimizu simultaneously chuckled. "You were the one who wanted to test it."

"I know that but..." You were racking through your brain in order to find an excuse when the door slid open.

"I'm here!" Hinata was excitedly jumping around.

'Saved!' You thought.

"We'll do oldest to youngest." Shimizu informed him. "You'll have to wait a bit, Hinata."

The orange-haired boy pouted and rested his hands behind his head. "Fine..."

You watched as Hinata peeked his head into the hall, waiting for the other members to arrive.

After all of the stats were collected, Takeda-sensei walked into the gym.

"Gather 'round!" Sawamura ordered, and the team did as they were told.

"I've got some exciting news!" The club advisor announced. "Kageyama-kun has been invited to join the All-Japan Youth Training Camp!"

Everyone was shocked into silence.

"That's amazing!" Shimizu covered her mouth in an attempt to hide her impressed expression.

"In addition to that, Tsukishima has been invited to the camp modeled after the All-Japan Youth Training Camp held at Shiratorizawa." Takeda-sensei was only proving how impressive a few of the first-years were.

"Congrats Kageyama! Kei!" You said, breaking the silence.

"Yeah!" The captain added. "That's really something special."

After that announcement, you could tell that Hinata was getting a little restless.

He kept asking, "What about me? What about me?" And the rest of you didn't exactly know what to say to him.

~*~*~

As you laid in bed that night, you stared at the ceiling reflecting on everything that had happened.

Interrupting your deep thought was the vibration of your phone.

You thought about leaving it, but ultimately checked to see who was texting you.

«««««

Ushijima Wakatoshi

Let me know when you're free.

I believe I was rudely

interrupted last time we tried to talk.

Udai (Name)