Chapter 6

It's been a few days since I became the team manager. I've been doing my work as manager and have gotten to know the team a bit better. I was at practice right now with the team, watching of course. In a week we would be going to the training camp.

"(Y/N)! Watch out!" I hear Lev yell towards me. I see a ball coming towards my face and step to the side. It hit the floor and bounced off. "Thank god you're okay!" He says to me, looking me over as if checking for any scratches. "It wouldn't have killed me if it hit me," I laughed and offered a smile, "But you really need to work on your receives." "Ya, that's what everyone says," He rolled his eyes, then ran off to get the ball.

"(Y/N) you good?" I hear someone yell. "Yup, I'm fine Kuroo," I give a thumbs up. I didn't even need to see him say it, I knew it was him. "Okay that's it for practice!" The Coach sys getting up from where he was sitting, "Clean up!" He then walked out of the gym leaving us to clean up.

I went around making sure we had all of the volleyballs, and made sure everything was where it was supposed to be. When I finished I realized that I was alone in the gym and everyone had already left. Wait no, not alone, Kuroo was still here.

"Here," he tossed a volleyball in my direction as he walked over to me. "I thought I got them all?" I said about to put it away, but was stopped by Kuroo gently grabbing my arm. My eyes widened slightly at the touch. I guess you could say that I've sorta developed a crush on the Nekoma Captain, but hopefully no one knows.

"I want to see you serve," he tell me, turning me around to face him, "You okay? You seem a bit out of it." He waves a hand in front of my face. Of course I'm 'out of it!' This is the first time you've purposely touched me, geez! "I'm fine," I muttered, "Are you sure you want to see me serve? It probably isn't that interesting, and don't you want to get home?"

"Yes I want to see you serve, you said you used to play," he gave me a reassuring smile before giving me some space.

"Okay then," I said as I got ready to serve. I run my hand over the ball, feeling the familiar stitching. I press my finger tips into it testing to see if maybe it needs more air. I bounce it against the floor then spin it in my hand. I close my eyes and take a deep breath.

I throw the ball into the air and jump. I hit the ball to the other side of the gym just on the edge of the line so that it was still in and there's a loud noise as it smacks against the floor. That's what I worked on over the years, making sure that my serving is controlled, but being able to change it up every time so it's less predictable. My coach said I had a lot of potential, but once I hurt my knee that was out the window.

"Wow," Is all I hear from behind me.

AN- Thank you for reading!! (This chapter has been edited)

Word Count ~ 577