Extra~ Chapter 18

I was already running late for school so what would an extra 10 minutes be. At least that's what I told myself as I walked to the store to get a snack before heading to school. I was already an hour late for school since I stayed up late last night and didn't wake up until an half an hour after school had started. My mom had left for work early this morning and Kuroo probably thought I was sick or something since he had called me 3 times and I didn't pick up once, since I was sleeping.

When I got up I decided that since I was already half and hour late for school I'd take my time, truly I didn't care. Today was just a day to catch up on things we hadn't finished yet, at least that's what our teachers told us yesterday, and since I had already finished everything that I've had to, it doesn't really matter if I'm late, right?

As I made my way through the story picking up a few snacks and a drink, people kept staring at me, probably because I was in my school uniform not in school when I should be. Once I payed and left the store I finally made my way to the school. 

I walked the halls, now a lot more than an hour late. The halls were basically empty and it was almost time for lunch so I decided to walk to Kuroo's class and meet him once it was over. I quickly took my backpack off, kissed my bag of things before putting them into my locker. 

I walked to Kuroo's class and was now standing outside as the bell rang. The door opened and out came some students, and Kuroo, and he walked straight past me. 'Where is he going?' I asked myself following him quickly hoping to catch up.

I followed him to his locker, still without him noticing me. He opened his locker and pulled out a small box and opened it to look at whatever was inside. I slowly approached him from behind and looked over his shoulder on my tippy toes.

"What's that?" I asked as he quickly closed the box before I could see what was inside. "Nothing," he told me as he turned around and saw me, "(Y/N) I thought you were sick or something." "Nah, I just slept in," I said giving him a quick kiss on the cheek. "Good," he says before looking back into his locker and moving a few things around.

"So what's in the box?" I ask reaching for it. "Nothing," he said as he shifts the box slightly farther into his locker where I wouldn't be able to reach it from where I'm standing.  "You sure?" I ask looking over his shoulder as he shut his locker.

"Yes, now come on I haven't seen you all day," he said dragging me behind him as he lead me somewhere. "Sorry about that, I would have been here sooner but I stopped at the store to get some snacks," I said as we climbed the stairs up to the roof, "I woke up pretty hungry, and I wasn't in the mood for plain old breakfast."

"Did you get me anything?" He asks smirking, I should've bought him something, oops. "I have some extra snack leftover," I tell him pointing to my bag. "So you went to the store, missing time you could've been spending with your amazing boyfriend, and didn't get him anything?" He asked still smirking.

"Well I was thinking with my stomach not my heart," I said puffing out my cheeks. He poked my cheek with his finger making me laugh.

We were now on the roof leaning on the railing. I looked out over the school yard when small box came into view, the one Kuroo had earlier. "I thought you put it in your locker," I say, looking at him with a small tilt to my head.

"Did I?" He asked looking at me. "You sly cat," I elbow him gently before reaching my hands out. He puts the box in my hands and I looked at it then looked back at him. "Open it," he says, motioning to the box. I opened the box to find a necklace with a small volleyball charm, shaped like a heart on it.

"Kuroo," I whispered looking at the necklace and then looking  to him, see him smiling at me, "Thank you. I love it!"

I gently took the necklace out of the box and handed it to Kuroo and he looked at me slightly confused. I turned around and moved my hair to the side. "Can you help me put it on?" I asked looking back at him slightly. "Of course," he gently puts the necklace around my neck and secures it. I turned around and placed a small kiss on his lips.

"I'm glad you like it," he said still smiling at me. "Of course I do," I say, "But now I feel bad I have nothing for you." "It's fine," he says smiling. "Wait," I hold up a hand as I go through my bag and grab something from it. I turn back around with my hands behind my back.

"Okay close your eyes and hold out your hands," I say smiling up at him. He does what I say and closes his eyes and holds out his hands. I gently place something in his hands and tell him to open your eyes. He lets out a small chuckle and looks down at me with a smirk on my face.

"I love it," he says kissing my forehead. "I knew you would," I smile at him and let out a small laugh. He opens the almost empty bag of sweets and eats one, "It's absolutely fantastic."

AN- Thank you for reading! (This chapter has been edited?)

Word Count- 973