Chapter #40: I'm To Blame...

🐯Cody's P.O.V🦊

I sat on Blue's bed curled up in a ball, Basil, Tater tot and Axel sitting beside me on the bed and Enternal and Fury laying in a laundry basket of dirty clothes Fury sleeping and Enternal comforting her as she shook and meowed. Basil wasn't allowing me to stop petting her I know she could sence that I was upset, no, more then upset mortified? I think thats the proper word. I couldn't help but keep saying this was my fault. Not only was my cousin taken for the second time, but someone I just ment.. and happened to fall in love with was taken aswell.

I wasn't in the best shape, I haven't really eaten anything or slept but Travis does what he can when it comes to keeping me hydrated. I haven't had sex in months and my eyes were pretty much just black, I was constantly ready to snap if someone where to come up to me, but alas none of Blue's roommates really knew what to do with me so they allowed me to stay here and left me mostly be. Even this Zane guy came over a few times to see how I was doing, I don't know him nor what relation he has to Blue but it seems.. Odd I guess.

"Cody..?" My ears perked at the sound of a deep voice saying my name, but I didn't look at who it was just looked in the opposite direction. "Cody... you can't just stay cooped up like this. I know you're scared and upset, but none of this is your fault... Blue... Has history of getting into trouble like this... It normally always comes out with him alive. Trust me. He'll make it through this." I glanced over at the short blonde male and sighed "Thanks Garroth.. but I should've been there with him.. this is my fault... I'm the one to blame.." I mumbled the last bit.

Garroth sighed worried "Well.. dinner will be ready in a few minutes if you're willing to come upstairs to eat with us, if not. Dante will bring you down your food" "Thanks again Garroth.. but I'm not in the mood to eat with people... Ok..?" "Ok.. Dante will be down in a few minutes then.."

Garroth turned to the stairs and started to walk up them "He's right  y'know. It's not your fault that he got taken, you can't just continue to blame yourself Cody." Travis got up from his bed and walked towards the stairs waiting to listen to what I had to say

"Shut it Travis. It was my fault. I suspected something was going to go fucking wrong so I should've stuck by his side. Ugh, I bet you it was his fucking brother, you were telling me about how his brother litterally disowned him, why the fuck would he come over to his house just to drop off a few measly family photos and some cat and dog toys. People don't do that! Espically not family photos that have the persons face scratched out!" I growled picking up one of the few photos Danny had broughten over. "Uh huh, whatever you say man." Travis walked up the starts leaving me alone in this freezing basement once again.

I looked closely at the picture examining it for the four millionth time. The picture had a tall black haired male with green eyes standing beside a shorter dark brown haired female with blue eyes, the mans hand was on a shorter black haired boys shoulder his eyes were closed and he was smiling widely and the females hand was on an orange haired boys shoulder who I couldn't really see any more attributes of, that boy was Blue or atleast my guess was it is Blue and the picture that was given had his face and most of his body scratched out with some kind of writing utensil.

"Huh.. I wonder if I can wipe it out..?" I mumbled to myself, licking my finger and proceeding to wipe the photo "What are you doing?" I jumped at the voice "Dante! Holy fuck..! I didn't even hear you come down here...!" I placed the photo back down on the side table and looked at Dante "I brought you some food bud, you really should get out of this dark stinky basement and maybe take a shower? I don't think the basement is the only thing that stinks." Dante chuckled leaning over and placing down the food tray.

As he leaned over the bedside table I stared at his neck, and without warning I pounced at him. "Woah woah bud! Ugh why is it so hard to keep the men and ladies off of me?! I'm not that irresistible!" Dante yelped squirming under me as I started to remove his shirt "C'mon! Woah wait! I'd like to keep that on! Or atleast take me to dinner first!" He attempted to pull his shirt down but I stopped him pinning his two hands above his head with my one and I continued finally achieving in taking it off along with his red sweater then I snapped out of it chuckling.