Chapter Two

"What would you like to eat?" Roman asked as he led me into the spacious kitchen. It was sparkly clean with not a spec of dust in sight, which didn't surprise me as the rest of the house also seemed to be the same way. As I looked down at the white tiles underneath my feet, I could see my reflection in them, once again proving just how clean the floor was.

Thinking back to Roman's question, I didn't know how to answer. I never really got to eat a variety of things so I wasn't sure what he could and couldn't make. I shrugged my shoulders, something I did a lot when I wasn't sure on how to answer something.

Roman smiled before nodding in understanding.

"I'll surprise you then" He said before turning around and started taking things out of the cabinets.

"So, how are you feeling? How was the ride up here?" Roman asked as he moved around the kitchen.

For the first time since being here, I spoke.

"I don't really know...the ride was fine though" I said lowly and Roman nodded.

"I'm glad you made it here safely. Oh, that's right. Is there anything you're allergic to?" He asked and I shook my head.

Just then, Max had entered the room with my plush in his hand. He held it in front of me with an expectant look.

"Y-You left this in the car" he muttered and I nodded before taking my plush from it, feeling a lot more at peace now that she was in my arms.

"Thank you" I said and Max grunted with a nod before exiting the kitchen briskly.

"Don't mind him. He's a good kid really, he's just not good at being nice" Roman said as he stirred the food in the pot.

After a few more minutes of waiting for the food to be done, Roman finally placed a plate of spaghetti and meatballs in front of me.

"Something simple for tonight, hope it's to your liking" He said and I thanked him.

"What do you want to drink? Water or juice?" He asked while opening the fridge.

"Juice..." I said and he nodded before taking out some apple juice and pouring it in a cup before handing it to me.

I had begun to eat the food that was given to me and not to my surprise, it tasted amazing. Roman said it was simple but it tasted like it could belong in some high end restaurant.

I continued to eat and take sips of my juice and before long, my plate was empty. Roman had taken my plate and glass to put in the sink and then told me to come with him.

When we arrived to Roman's room, it was neat and well kept. He had his own desk, book shelf, and even a mini fridge. His room was mildly lit by the lamp on his nightstand before he turned on the light, fully illuminating us.

"Wait here for a moment" Roman said before exiting. A few minutes later he came back with some folded clothes in his hands.

"You can change into these for right now until we can get you some clothes that fit you. Max is the smallest of us so I hope they'll somewhat fit" he said while handing the clothes off to me.

"Thank you" I said before going into the the bathroom that was adjoined to Roman's room.

Seeing my reflection for the first time in a couple of days, I looked myself over and saw that I definitely wasn't in the best state. My hair was disheveled since I haven't been able to brush it and my eyes had bags underneath them. My pale skin was looking paler than ever and I just sighed before taking off my clothes and getting into the shower.