Chapter Thirty

ALAIN'S P.O.V

I don't believe it.

Roman was ignoring me. How could he ignore me for days on end? How could he stand being away from me for so long when I could barely keep myself together?

It wasn't fair.

"Alain...you have to focus" My PR manager, Hannah, whispered. I had completely forgotten that I was in a meeting with these directors.

My most recent book that the man I was chasing after edited was now looking at the possibility of being turned into a movie. But I could honestly care less at the moment.

How could Hannah possibly expect me to pay attention when all I could think about was Roman? She knew how much I was hurting right now but Hannah was too worried about the relations I would be giving up if I hadn't attended this meeting.

Ever since our stupid argument a couple weeks ago, Roman hasn't returned any of my calls, texts, and I doubt he's listened to any of the voicemails. How was I supposed to make him fall for me if he won't even come near me?

I had been to his work place to try and catch him off guard but his friend Lizzy had told me that Roman normally doesn't come in anyways. I also found it extremely frustrating that the only thing that had kept us in touch regularly was now completed and without it, I hardly saw Roman.

"Mr. Faust? Do we have an agreement?" My ears perked up at the sound of my name and I looked over to the director who was patiently waiting for my answer.

"I'll look over the contract and give you an answer no later than Friday" I said and the director nodded.

I thanked everything holy that I was finally out of the boring meeting. Now I could get on to more important things.

"Alain!" I stopped my quick steps when Hannah had grabbed my wrist and I turned to her.

"Listen, I know you're not in the right headspace to be doing this but I have to ask you to try. You need to forget about him, he has been blatantly ignoring you! Why do you continue to put yourself through this torture?Surely your career is much more important to you than some guy?" Hannah asked and I glared at her.

"You don't understand at all. He isn't just some guy!" I said snatching my wrist out of hers.

"You keep saying that but clearly he is if he's been ignoring you for this long without any problems. Don't you think it's time you gave up on this guy?" Hannah said but I didn't care about a word she said.

Roman talked to me, he actually talked to me. He cared about the small things like how my day was or if I had been eating properly. He would scold me from time to time when he learned that I had been up late working on a manuscript but then it would turn into playful banter when I would talk of him doing the same for editing his manuscripts.

He genuinely loved my writing, it was clear in his eager questions about my next book, and even from the one time I had been in his room, all the books I had ever written were neatly lined on a shelf.

I had fallen so hard for him.

Why couldn't he realize that I was in love with him? And all those bullshit reasons he gave were not enough to keep me away. Even though it hurt like a bitch when he said he didn't feel the same, I know he was lying. He couldn't even look me in the eye when he said it.

"That's for me to decide" I said before leaving Hannah. Hannah was a good friend, really, but I knew I had to get away from her before I unleashed my built up frustrations on her.