Chapter Twenty Five

[A/N]: Before I start this chapter, I just want to give a HUGE thank you to the readers of this book. Family Matters has hit 100k views and I am just surprised at how far this book has come. I want to thank each and every one of you for reading and hopefully, enjoying my book! I also want you all to know that I love you very, very much and that you guys' voted and comments is what keeps me going! Now, I won't keep you much longer so here's the next chapter!

THIRD P.O.V

It was almost three in the morning when Ares had woken up thirsty. He headed downstairs as quietly as possible and once he got down there he headed straight to the kitchen to get some water.

After he finished, he washed his glass out and put it in the drying rack and walked out of the kitchen. Upon walking out, he nearly screamed when seeing the the front door open. Everyone was in the house to his knowledge so who in the world was that?

His question was soon answered when an upset looking Roman came through the door and both of their eyes widened at the sight of each other.

"Roman...?" Ares muttered as he looked at Roman confused.

"Uh...hi and bye" Roman muttered before trying to quickly walk up the stairs but Ares wasn't going to let him off the hook so easily.

"Woah, slow down there bro. Where have you been?" Ares asked as he followed Roman up the stairs.

"None of your business" Roman said sharply as he continued to walk quickly to the safety of his room. Once he was there, he'd be safe from Ares' annoying questions.

"I'm sensing some hostility here, I'm just asking a simple question" Ares said and once the two got to Roman's room, Ares looked at him expectantly.

"Just go back to bed. It isn't something you need to worry about" Roman whispered and Ares rose an eyebrow.

"You know I'm going to find out anyways so you should just spill. Either that or I'm going to wake everyone up and you'll have no choice but to tell" Ares said with a small grin and Roman couldn't help the glare he gave Ares.

He had such a pain in the ass little brother.

"Get in" Roman gritted and Ares happily walked into the room. Roman shut the door softly between them and let out a sigh upon seeing Ares making himself comfortable on his bed.

"So, where were you?" Ares asked.

"Out" Roman said dismissively as he took a seat at his desk and looking at Ares. Ares rose an eyebrow.

"Out where?" Ares asked.

"It doesn't matter" Roman grumbled as he crossed his arms.

Ares frowned at Roman's answer and decided to look for clues himself in Roman's appearance since the aforementioned didn't want to tell. His hair was sticking up at different angles as if he had been constantly messing with it and his lips were frowning as he stared at the ground. Ares had already previously suspected that something was bothering Roman, but this was just giving Ares the confirmation he needed.

Roman was hardly one to get upset over things. He always tried to stay positive so seeing Roman look so frustrated made Ares wonder who had gotten under his skin?

"It wasn't supposed to happen..." Ares looked up at Roman who was staring at his hands. His eyes held this look of guilt in them and Ares could sense that Roman truly was frustrated about whatever he did.