Chapter Forty Seven

THIRD P.O.V.

Today, the Spencer siblings and friends were headed to the beach.

Lance had managed to find a time in his schedule that lined up with everyone else's and decided that that's when they would all go. Arthur himself also had a day off but he chose to spend it at home since he didn't really like the beach anyways.

Tagging along with the siblings were Ross, Hayden, and Diana. Roman had invited Alain and even though he so badly wanted to go, his own schedule wouldn't allow it.

"I feel like we haven't been to the beach in forever" Kade said as he looked out the window. This time he wasn't a designated driver and got the opportunity to watch the scenery pass by as Roman drove.

"Yeah, I guess we didn't really get the chance to go last summer" Roman said and Kade nodded.

The drive to the beach was about half an hour and once they arrived everyone stepped out of the cars.

"Wooh! I'm ready for some fun in the sun" Ares cheered but Max standing next to him was sulking. He was hot and having to sit in the same car as Ares for even just five minutes was enough to put a damper in his mood.

"Let's all get changed and meet up in front of the changing stalls" Lance said and everyone nodded.

As Ceres and Diana changed, Diana hummed a happy tune showing just how excited she was to be at the beach and Diana's excitement only fueled Ceres' even more. She was finally getting to see the beach that she longed to see since she was young.

After the two changed, they met back up with the others. Lance did a quick head count and then the large group headed down to the beach to set up their things. Ares and Kade had immediately taken off towards the water, leaving their siblings to set up their stuff.

Max grumbled incoherent things as they had kicked some sand on him while Roman just laughed it off.

"C'mon, Dia, let's go!" Ross said pulling the smaller girl by the arm. Diana yelped as she was basically being dragged by the energetic Ross.

Once everyone was settled in, Ceres decided that she wanted to relax before going to play in the water.

Ceres took a deep breath as she let the scent of sea water take over her. It was just as beautiful as she had seen in pictures but nothing compared to actually being in the presence of the sea.

"Agh! Ares, that's cold!" Ceres heard Roman exclaim and she turned her head to see Ares splashing Roman with water. Ares grinned and then began to splash water on Kade, who in turn, did the same back to him.

"Only Ares..." Lance said chuckling as he watched his brothers play in the water.

After watching for a short while, Lance decided to see what the others were doing.

He could see that Diana and Ross were having swimming races against each other. Next, his eyes fell on Hayden who had led Ceres not too far away and the two were sitting and building something. His eyes moved over and saw Lucas with a bucket as he collected sea shells which wasn't even surprising to Lance.

Doing one more glance over, Lance saw Max drawing in the sand with his finger, the word 'NASTY' over and over again and Lance just shook his head.

"Lance, come get in the water!" Kade called while waving at Lance but Lance just gave a simple shake of his head.

"It's alright, I'm fine" Kade frowned at the answer before shrugging.

Deciding that they had enough play time, Kade got out of the water and started heading back to the others with Ares & Roman following behind him. As they came upon the others, Kade could see Hayden talking with Ceres.