Chapter Thirty Two

"Kade! Kade! Kade!"

"Max...not right now"

"Kade! C'mon, you promised! Wake up!" Max whined as he pulled on Kade's arms to try and get his brother to wake up.

"Either lay with me for five minutes or leave for five minutes and then I'll consider waking up" Kade grumbled and Max huffed before taking his methods to the next level.

His tiny body climbed up on to Kade's bed before jumping on his brother's back and Kade yelped at the sudden weight.

"You promised that you would take me to the store to get coloring pencils" Max said with a glare and Kade sighed.

"Yes, I know but Max it's," Kade glanced over at the clock on his nightstand.

"It's only eight. It's a little early, don't you think?" Kade said in hopes of getting Max to agree to let him sleep in for five minutes longer. Well he would clearly sleep for longer than five minutes but that was the part he would keep to himself.

Max shook his head.

"It's not. You take forever to get up, then you take forever to get ready, and then you- woah!" Max didn't get to finish his rant as he was grabbed in a hug and made to lay beside Kade.

"W-What are you doing?! Don't you dare go back to sleep!" Max exclaimed but too bad for him Kade was already drifting back to his slumber.

Max groaned and pried himself out of Kade's arms before running out of the room to go wake up Lance.

"Lance...?" Max whispered as he peeked his head into his brother's room. Not to his surprise, Lance was already up and getting dressed.

"Max? What's up?" Lance asked and Max went up to Lance.

"Kade isn't waking up and he promised to take me to the store" Max said with a frown and Lance gave a weary smile before leaning down and ruffling Max's hair.

"Don't worry, you can leave it to me. Why don't you go get ready?" Lance said and Max's eyes brightened at Lance's response.

"Thank you!" He said before giving Lance a hug, even if he only reached his waist at the time, and then leaving out of the room to get ready.

Lance walked over to Kade's room and once he was inside he saw, just like Max had explained, that Kade was asleep.

Lance sighed before walking over to Kade and giving him a pinch on the cheek. Not too hard but hard enough to wake him up.

"Ow...stop that Max..." Kade grumbled as he tried to swat at the hand that was causing him discomfort.

"Wake up already you idiot" Lance said and Kade's eyes opened at the sound of Lance's voice.

"Max...? When did you grow up? And when did you dye your hair?" Kade said, clearly still under the influence of sleep. Lance rolled his eyes before giving a hard pinch and Kade yelped at the sudden pain.

"I'm not Max. Max is in his room getting ready to head to the store with his brother who so kindly offered to take him" Lance said and Kade frowned.

"Oh come on, cut me some slack. Ares kept me up half the night with his babbling" Kade whined and Lance shook his head.

"Yeah but you promised and you know how Max gets. Besides, he values a promise from you more than any of us so it's in your best interest that you wake up and go take him to the store" Lance said and Kade sighed.