Chapter Fifty Six

Although it was supposed to be a quiet morning, it was ruined for Roman who was rudely awoken by the loud and rowdy yells of his younger brothers.

Roman lifted his head up from his pillow and looked at the time and his eyes widened when he saw that it was only seven in the morning.

'It's only 7! Why are these little buggers creating such a ruckus?' Roman thought to himself as he sat up. His alarm wasn't meant to go off for another few minutes, meaning his brothers just robbed him of his precious sleep.

Roman sighed in annoyance and got out of the bed before walking over to his door. He opened it just in time to see Lucas running away from Ares

"Roman!! Help!! Ares is trying to attack me!" Lucas cried as he hid himself behind Roman.

"And why exactly is Ares trying to attack you?" Roman said slowly, knowing that Ares wouldn't be trying to harm his little brother without good reason.

"Because the little monster decided that it would be funny to spill his juice all over my break homework!" Ares yelled and he tried to grab at Lucas but the younger only glued himself as much as he possibly could to Roman's back, which was extremely uncomfortable for him.

Roman sighed before attempting to get Lucas from behind him, but Lucas wouldn't budge.

"Lucas, I won't let Ares get you. Now come from out there" Roman said sternly and Lucas peeked his head out at his angry brother before slowly stepping out and facing Ares.

"Look, it doesn't matter how it happened or why it happened but you two cannot just start fighting, especially this early in the morning when you know everyone else is asleep. Ares, how bad is the paper?" Roman asked and Ares held up the soaking wet paper.

Roman frowned as he looked at it. There was definitely no way the paper could be saved but, he could still see some of the writing so maybe there was still a chance.

"I didn't mean to...I'm sorry..." Roman felt the panic in him rise when he saw Lucas on the brink of tears.

When Lucas cries, he doesn't just cry, he wails and that would definitely result in the entire house awakening. It would especially be bad if it woke Kade up since today was the day they were supposed to take their annual family photo, and he wanted all the beauty rest he could get.

Roman looked to Ares to see if he was still angry but just by looking at him, Roman could tell Ares' anger had subsided as soon as he saw the tears in Lucas' eyes.

Ares huffed before crossing his arms.

"It's fine. I'll just redo it on another piece of paper, now stop crying would you?" He said and Roman sighed in relief when just like magic, Lucas' tears were instantly gone and he clung to his older brother's mid section.

"Ew, you're getting snot on me!" Ares exclaimed and tried to pry Lucas off of him but it wasn't working at all.

Roman smiled at the sight before returning to his room. As soon as he got in his bed to return to slumber, it felt like only a few minutes and before Roman knew it, his alarm was blaring.

Roman groaned before shoving his head into his pillow in an attempt to go back to the sleep he so cherished.

~ Present Time, Ceres P.O.V. ~

The last days of summer break were starting to creep up on us faster than I'd like but at least we'd get to spend it together. I had come down from my room this morning and was greeted with the sight of Kade fussing with a camera.

Family Mattersजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें