Chapter Forty Nine

THIRD P.O.V.

"Hm? You look happy" Lance said upon seeing his sister who was sitting on the couch. He could clearly see that she was happy about something in the way she was smiling and the excited twinkle in her eyes as she looked up from her phone.

Ceres simply nodded her head before showing Lance the email she had been sent.

"I got a B+ on the exams we took before school ended" she said and Lance smiled before ruffling her hair.

"That's very good. After seeing your other grades, I was wondering when you were going to fix those. I didn't want to have to come to the school myself, y'know?" Ceres let out a nervous chuckle at Lance's words.

Of course he knew that she was failing, after all, there wasn't much she could hide from him. There wasn't much any of the Spencer siblings were able to hide from Lance.

"Say, how about we do something tomorrow? Just the two of us. I have the weekend off so I'm up for anything" Lance offered. Ceres was about to nod her head but then she remembered that she already had plans.

Plans that she couldn't tell any of her other brothers.

"Sorry...I have plans tomorrow" Lance gained a surprised expression as he stared down at Ceres.

"What plans? I haven't heard anything about this" Lance asked and Ceres mentally scolded herself as she had forgotten that she was supposed to ask before agreeing to any kind of plans. But then again she herself wasn't even sure of what the plans were.

See, the thing was that Hayden had asked Ceres to accompany him on another date.

Seeing as she had fun the last time, Ceres wasn't opposed to going on another one and when asking, Hayden had told her it was a surprise. Which is why Ceres was struggling to find a suitable answer to tell Lance.

"S-Sorry...I forgot to ask" Ceres said and Lance nodded.

"It's fine, but you can ask me now" Lance said and Ceres fidgeted with the ringer switch on her phone as she flipped it up and down.

"I don't really know where we're going...he said it was a surprise" Ceres said.

"And who is he?" Lance asked while giving a sickeningly sweet smile. Ceres glanced over at Lance when hearing the sugary tone in his voice, he often used that tone to express that he was far from amused.

"Hayden...." She muttered and Lance gave a deep frown.

Had this boy asked her out on another date, or was it just a friendly hang out? Lance was quick to answer his own question as he thought about it. Hayden liked Ceres, that was clear to anyone with working eyes, so any kind of hang out where it's just the two of them alone would never be considered 'friendly' to him. Especially if he was the one that invited her.

Then a thought occurred to Lance.

If he allowed them to continue to spend time together, then that means they would no doubt eventually end up getting close. And when you get close to someone, you get to see them for who they really are.

And hopefully, Hayden's true colors didn't change from what Lance had previously witnessed.

"I...see. How about Sunday then?" Lance asked and Ceres gave him a small smile before nodding.

"Okay"

Lance walked away from Ceres with a completely vexed feeling filling his heart. He was debating on whether or not he should just go back there and take back his words but decided against it. Ceres has yet to get truly upset with any of her brothers and he refused to let himself be the first one she does get angry with.